Someone Help Me Out

You need a reality check if you expect to walk into a 100K per year job straight out of college with no experience.

For a single person making 50 grand a year, it's not all that bad if you think about it. You can live a pretty good life with tons of extra spending money. But of course, the more we get the better so we're always striving to reach that six figures if possible.

I'm still going to school and hoping to finish so I can at least make 60 grand to start out. Right now, I make...well, I'll let you guys ponder on that, hehe. By reading what I wrote, I'm not making over 60 grand at the moment :(.

For a single person making 50 grand a year, it's not all that bad if you think about it. You can live a pretty good life with tons of extra spending money. But of course, the more we get the better so we're always striving to reach that six figures if possible.

I'm still going to school and hoping to finish so I can at least make 60 grand to start out. Right now, I make...well, I'll let you guys ponder on that, hehe. By reading what I wrote, I'm not making over 60 grand at the moment :(.

of course not! 50 grand is a hella of a lot. kinda like 1k a week.

wow i almost made a tit out of myself lol,

i posted this to say your all crazy but then i remembered its on $ not £

yh id say some1 in the uk that spend 3 -4 years in college and university should expect a starting rate of about 24,000 a year ongoing to just about n e thing depending on work progress,

Generally, engineers start out from around $45-55 on average or so. Not exactly a fun major. You have to be pretty good at math, as you need tot get past calculus 3 in pretty much all programs. Then you usually have a lot of electrical/physics courses that use a lot of that calculus, so you need to be pretty good at science as well. It's a lot of work.

wow i almost made a tit out of myself lol,

i posted this to say your all crazy but then i remembered its on $ not £

yh id say some1 in the uk that spend 3 -4 years in college and university should expect a starting rate of about 24,000 a year ongoing to just about n e thing depending on work progress,

lmfao 50 grand pounds is a hella alot.

That's a tough major, but you earn a lot of money. You basically design and truobleshoot computers down to the component level!!!! I mean diodes, ICs, busses, things like that. It's really deep. But you'll be well compensated. Oh, yeah, that major is offered everywhere. It's a very popular major at just about any university and trade schools. Computer Engineering.
that is pretty much what i do in my job, but i work on aircraft radio equipment instead of computers.. im doing my apprenticeship now, so the money is poor, however, in the long run it will be useful, and i could branch out into computers/anything electronics when i have the basics of fault finding.. especially as im going to be doing alot of RF work..

Finance is where all the money is at. If you go to business school you might be able to get as much as 200k per year.

However, with computers, the field is VERY limited. There are a lot of things you can do, but you won't get above 50k per year. Engineering takes a LOAD of time, and doesn't really give a huge payback. Yet the pre reqs are basically the same as for finance.

If your math is good, go into finance.

Back
Top Bottom