Sceptre vs. Sharp Aquos

Half Evil

Golden Master
Well...

I've narrowed it down to this..

The Sharp Aquos LCC3242U, or the Sceptre X32BV-NAGA.

I wanted the Sceptre for the price, because it was only $549, but the Aquos is the next price up, at $799.

And after reading a review about the Sceptre I was thinking maybe it would be worth it not to be a cheap-skate and save a bit more to get the Aquos.

I am getting this for heavy muilimedia use. Gaming with last generation Consoles, and then the new gen's Ps3 with HDMI.

Everything about the Aquos seems better, however, for the price increase i'm not sure its worth it.

So thats why I am asking.... do you guys think that for the use I will put it through, that I should get the Aquos, or would the Sceptre be fine?

Did you feel the need to delete my other posts? Like I said, why do you need a TV like this?

Nope, I just made a new thread.

And I don't need it, but I do want it, so its about time for you too shut your mouth. Because I am not making a thread asking for the best thing to do with my money, I am asking which TV to buy.

Personally, I'd choose the Sharp. It'd probably offer a better picture etc, as I have never even heard of Sceptre...
Support will also probably be better, and I think the Sharp is a better looking TV over all.

@Kage...... Really? They make great computer monitors.

@esa..... thats what I was thinking, I cant wait to view them in person, but I am just trying to get a consensous as if the bang for the buck is worth it to step up to the Sharp.

Never heard of that make, PC or not... they american only?

If you can test both out somehow, that'd be great.

My mate bought a LCD Sharp Aquos, for like £699, and its full HD... It does the job well enough, though seeing as its so cheap and full HD, its not mind blowingly great like more expensive models I've seen.

I have no idea if it is or not.

However.. I will be able to view them before I buy them.

But the thing is, they're display models so I wont get the perfect hd as it may or may not provide.

Usually shops have them to show off, which means most likely if there is one, Dynamic Contrast will be used, which I had on my TV when I first turned it on, and the salesman said "wow, that pictures great!" I was like. "Is it?" Rather dissapointed, as it looked washed and too dark, etc with hardly any contrast shifts.
I changed it to Normal Mode, and wahla, looked amazing, and every grey could be told apart.

Its usually just a button on the remote, so if you can get hold of one... :p

Back
Top Bottom