Car keeps revving forever video..

They are great because they have very little moving parts. However, they are not as "efficient" as standard piston engines I think. Primarily because of the way it's different. If you've ever seen the insides of them, they are basically triangular rotors which always have one side sealed off with a wall of the oval-shaped combustion chamber. The volume in the sealed part (where combustion takes place) is rather large, making for a low compression ratio. Also, the air and fuel don't have much room to mix in the combustion chamber, so you get worse emissions.

It is a good, simple, lightweight engine, but you need to rev it to insane levels to make decent power, which it happens to do quite well.
What a great animation, better than some I've seen!, hmmm, in the 50's, that's later than I thought, I was about 24 then, [I got married 2 years later] I used to collect mags on the Wankel, I even had a giant poster on the wall in my room, depicting an exploded diagram showing ever minute component down to very small bolts & retaining clips, have you seen one of these?
I know, I know a bit weird to act like that at that age, but my love of cars began much much earlier at age 7 or thereabouts!, since then it's been vrooom vrooooom all the way, yeah!!

I used to collect mags on the Wankel, I even had a giant poster on the wall in my room, depicting an exploded diagram showing ever minute component down to very small bolts & retaining clips, have you seen one of these?
I know, I know a bit weird to act like that at that age, but my love of cars began much much earlier at age 7 or thereabouts!, since then it's been vrooom vrooooom all the way, yeah!!

used to collect wankel mags, and a big wankel poster on his wall...

sounds like most young lads really

Rotaries are awesome motors, they don't like turbo though, you'll blow an apex seal just like that.

Rotaries got a kind of bad name because of the Wankel rotaries, they weren't that good, but the new Renesis rotary that is in the RX-8 is supposed to be tons better.

Rotaries don't make much torque though, I think the rx-8 is something like 260 hp with like 180ft-lbs of torque. That means you have to keep it revved really high to get it to go anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom