I must have missed the big PCI-E 2.0 thread so inform me.

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
Well it seems that I have missed out on some stuff......
I need just a quick link to some info and this question answered:
Is the new PCI-E cards backward compatible?

The 8800GT is the first PCI-E 2 card out there, along with the X38 chipset motherboards. Like AGP 8X, it's backwards compatiple.

^^ THANK YOU FOR SAYING ITS...... wait i think i meant to say is PCI-E Forward compatible. :( sorry.

And Does anyone else think that the 9 series of Geforce cards are going to be PCI-E 2.0. :(

This all kinda stinks for me because I was hopping that I could upgrade my comp when it need to be upgraded with out having to get a new Mobo. This is all sad.

'Fraid not. PCI-E, or naything else isn't foward compatible. Like USB 1.1 can't be moving to USB 2.0 like that.

The 9 series will be on PCI-E 2. Oh and...you've got to realise that PC technology is insanely growing now. Don't think you'll be to the top because the reality is: No one is.

Yea I know but I was hoping to get a bit more out of my comp before i had to upgrade.

I mean it is pretty good in my situation because when I upgrade I should get a AMD Phenom CPU, a New Mobo with a 2000Mhz Hyperthreading rate, and a new Video card.

I know what i have to upgrade but the sad part is I think It would Be better off just building a whole new system when I do that.
Plus This computer is expected by my parents to last me 3 YEARS!
Sad and at 10 dollars a week it will take a while.

Just found out that 3 of AMD's new CPUs are comming out on the 17th supposedly. :(
It stinks having no money.

wait....shouldn't it still work, but run at half the speed? I've used some USB 1.1 devices on USB 2.0. It just says that it will run slow, that's it. Just as if you are putting in a 4x AGP card into an 8x AGP slot, it would still run but not at full speed.

Heheh, I'm gonna get me an 8800GT. That is the card I've been waiting for.
Hell of a deal, outperforms the $400+ behemoth GTS.

Gotta get me good frames on gears of war. :)

Though I must say PCI-E 2.0 snuck up on me. I'm glad to hear that my system can take that 8800GT!

Hopefully AMD will get some better stuff coming from their CPUs and their GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom