May actually considering buying a Ford

The IS350's are fast. I have the IS250 version, but both are V6 powerplants. One is bigger than the other. On the IS350 they use a combination of port and direct fuel injection system not seen on most cars to give them that extra power. On mine, I believe it's DFI only but some people say it's a hybrid of port and direct injection too like the IS350 (which I highly doubt). The only difference is that I'm getting better gas mileage for the performance and a significant HP reduction since it's a 2.5L block. Too small for my taste, but Lexus need a small car to fit the market. I drive a lot so gas was one of my main concerns. I could've opted for the IS350, but the fuel consumption is different.

The chassis is literally exactly the same and it also shares it with the new 2008 IS-F 400+HP V8 since we're all in the same "IS" family.

But the IS250 acceleration is very potent. We have the option of putting the car in Power Mode, then using the shifters (since it has a sequential transmission), it can rise to the occasion. When you redline it, you can hear the supercharger like sound "shhhhhh"--almost like a whistling sound. I love it. You know that Nissan commercial where they showed the Altima accelerate and you can hear that shhhhh sound? It sounds like that. I have no clue where it's coming from but it must be the pressure buildup or something that causes the sound to release.

An exhaust system for this car along with many other axle back systems will have virtually "0" gains in HP other than sounding good. I could use it though to drown out the injectors tickng all the time :p.

0 HP gain and they are like $800 for a stainless catback system? Screw that! lol

Yup, that's horrible. Most members on the Lexus forum that got a stupid "axle-back" have notice zero gains. Some even posted dyno picts and actually suffer in results due to it!!!! They just like the sound of the exhaust because they're high quality build. There are very few actual cat-back systems for the new IS model, but if they get lucky, 1HP gain :p for a premium price. The Lexus HKS model is well over $1200 and it's an AXLE BACK *shocked*. Ridiculous.

The only one I see that is cheap are the Tanabe Medallion systems (yet another axle back exhaust system) and they go for like $600. They sound the best, but iffy on the performance.

Ha, lol. Then it will sound too weird. I actually thought about a cut-out of some sort, but it's wayyy tooo loud that way. Cheap to do though since it's like an adapter, after cutting the pipes.

Re-gear it, my friend said, if I were to re-gear my ranger to 4-56 or something, it would have enough tork to pop a wheelie. Break the drivetrain tho.

I have a Ford, and I love it. I recently got rid of my Honda Civic to get a Ford, but this is one of the best cars that I have ever driven, and I have driven a lot of cars. I have a 1998 Ford SVT Contour, and it is a very reliable car. It's a 2.5L V6, which is small for a V6, but it's quick.

Would drop in top end about 5MPH he said. But much quicker take offs.
I love my ranger, although I have only had it for like a month.
If I ever drive past a mustang thats not a GT, and just the v6, and someone says, "thats a nice mustang!" I can respond with, "Yeah, and its got the same engine as this truck." Cause mine has a 4.0 v6, I assume the mustang has the same, actually, I think the mustang engine is a 3.8.

Back
Top Bottom