Someone Help Me Out

G35x

Golden Master
Alright well besides the medical field, I know there has to be a good computer major that can also make 80-100k a year..I'm applying to colleges soon, but plan on doing medical, but really think something computer related would be the best..I can do 6 yrs as a physical therapist, and online it said they start around 60k, thats nothing if you ask me..What are some of the good computer majors that can really make good income, they seem hard to come by..Applying to colleges suck, I don't even know what half the majors mean..

Systems analyst, consultants, system designer---but you need like tons of experience to be in that type of profession. Someone I knew once had a career working in Computer Sales. He goes to different companies and make presentations to those in need of computer system upgrades. He makes almost $90,000 + a year plus commission. It's easy he says, as long as you know your computer hardware, company needs, cost integration, etc. It sounds almost like a consulting type field (which it is), but it's in sales. Pretty good chunk of change for teaching a panel of CEO's on how an upgraded computer system can benefit the company. Of course, you'll need to create a portfolio, PowerPoint, Excel, research products, cost, warranty, training, etc., etc.

He owns like two Mercedes Benz (one S-class and one AMG). I went to his house one time awhile back. Yeah, he owns a brand new house too. And all from selling computers...and not earning any kind of college degree.

Alright well besides the medical field, I know there has to be a good computer major that can also make 80-100k a year..I'm applying to colleges soon, but plan on doing medical, but really think something computer related would be the best..I can do 6 yrs as a physical therapist, and online it said they start around 60k, thats nothing if you ask me..What are some of the good computer majors that can really make good income, they seem hard to come by..Applying to colleges suck, I don't even know what half the majors mean..

computer engineering will be a garanteed !00k a year or so to start with. But aside from that, if you take computer science in University generally you start relatively low although I do know people that have graduated with a Bachelor of Science in computer science and have started at 60-70k a year. Those are only the lucky ones though...if only i could be so fortunate.

Systems analyst, consultants, system designer---but you need like tons of experience to be in that type of profession. Someone I knew once had a career working in Computer Sales. He goes to different companies and make presentations to those in need of computer system upgrades. He makes almost $90,000 + a year plus commission. It's easy he says, as long as you know your computer hardware, company needs, cost integration, etc. It sounds almost like a consulting type field (which it is), but it's in sales. Pretty good chunk of change for teaching a panel of CEO's on how an upgraded computer system can benefit the company. Of course, you'll need to create a portfolio, PowerPoint, Excel, research products, cost, warranty, training, etc., etc.

that's right, most of the high paying jobs in computers require a number of years of experience but at least it's good to know that if you put your years of experience in aand play your cards right you can be settled into a nice high paying job in no time at all.

computer engineering will be a garanteed !00k a year or so to start with. But aside from that, if you take computer science in University generally you start relatively low although I do know people that have graduated with a Bachelor of Science in computer science and have started at 60-70k a year. Those are only the lucky ones though...if only i could be so fortunate.

that's right, most of the high paying jobs in computers require a number of years of experience but at least it's good to know that if you put your years of experience in aand play your cards right you can be settled into a nice high paying job in no time at all.

computer engineering? Mind explaining what you do and what not, although its a bit self explanatory..and do you know if this major is offered almost every where, or just at tech schools..thanks

That's a tough major, but you earn a lot of money. You basically design and truobleshoot computers down to the component level!!!! I mean diodes, ICs, busses, things like that. It's really deep. But you'll be well compensated. Oh, yeah, that major is offered everywhere. It's a very popular major at just about any university and trade schools. Computer Engineering.

Being a computer engineer is the one who analyses stuff such as motherboards, CPUs, RAM, etc. It can even create other nmachines, such as coke machines, programable electronics, VCRs, etc.

hm drexel says that people who graduated from their program earned on average 50k a year..seems a bit low..

Back
Top Bottom