Post your System Temperatures

@OP, the idea is good but you left out some major information requirements, namely the room ambient air temperature (results mean nothing if one is in the refrigerator and the other is in the sun) and whether you're asking for load or idle temps, also I have my doubts about the accuracy of speedfan as we all know it reads Intel Quads ~15°C low.

Exactly. I've tried to explain this to some people and they always poke fun when i'm like well what are your ambient temps. For sure it does matter. My clocks higher now and load temps are less because its cooler now.

@ ISOwner & Atomic Rooster, neither of your voltages are flash, keep an eye on those (bear in mind the ±5% threshold) more so ISOwner, your +5v and +12v are severely lacking. I'd suggest testing you psu's with a multimeter for greater accuracy.

His +5V isn't to bad but his +12V is way off.

doesnt matter, you cpu temps can be below the ambient, your heatsink cant though. since the heat transfers from the cpu to the HS, than in theroy the cpu can be below the ambient, since none of the cpu is exposed to the air. my ambient is ~75f BTW.

im using everest, and my bios agrees with it too.

This is something I don't think were ever going to agree on Rudster. When a HSF's job is cooling the CPU because without it the CPU would overheat. So how can a cpu be colder then a HSF when the HSF's job is cooling it? The only way your getting less then a ambient temp is with water/phase/ln etc. Because the water etc can be cooler then the ambient.

As for Everest and you Bios agreeing is your bios up to date with the CPU your running? My CPU was reading roughly 10C off what it was on the old Evga Bios revision. Besides the bios puts a load on the CPU as well so those temps are partially loaded. So your getting the same temps in the bios at partial load as you do Idle in Windows? Somethings not right. How much do you get under a stress test in windows?

Anyways I snapped this just now. Rooms around 77F and case ambient is 80F by LCD monitor. If you want to see my full load temps just click the link in my sig to my overclock guide. Full load temps are recorded in that pic there.

IdelTemps.jpg

crank that OC down NOW, max temp on the C2D is listed at 65c, you severely risking the life of your cpu

@slipknow
sig limit is 5 lines

EDIT:
also, looks like ill have the coolest cpu with a 30$ setup, we should have a competetion, all 65 watt cpu's can compete :p

It seemed perfectly stable at that temp. Ive turned it down and ordered an Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 pro to be sure though.

Id imagine Intel would quote the stable temps on the safe side...

whats the best piece of temp monitoring software to use on vista64. i use to use motherboard monitor 5 on windows xp but not sure if that will work

MattieDaShark83 said:
As for Everest and you Bios agreeing is your bios up to date with the CPU your running? My CPU was reading roughly 10C off what it was on the old Evga Bios revision. Besides the bios puts a load on the CPU as well so those temps are partially loaded. So your getting the same temps in the bios at partial load as you do Idle in Windows? Somethings not right. How much do you get under a stress test in windows?

i havent updated my BIOS, although i know it supports it, as the motherboard came out later than CPU. im not flashing my BIOS though, the drivers on biostar's website are messed up, dont want to take that risk.

also when i stress it the temps shoot up to 37c

doesnt matter, you cpu temps can be below the ambient, your heatsink cant though.
Do you understand thermal dynamics at all?? :rolleyes:

You misunderstand the point of my post though, heat disapation is reduced in a warmer ambient air temperature, ergo without taking that information into account the comparison between cpu's is virtually worthless.

Player A is in a cooler climate than player B, both have the exact same pc set up.

Player B is never going to be able to cool his pc to match player A.

Comparison of these two identical systems is useless unless you take into account the different ambient air temps. Without this information it would be impossible to define the reason for different readings.

ok if the temps cant be below ambient than how can my temps be at 17c:confused: i havent seen any newegg reviews saying that my board reads the Brisbane's temps wrong, my BIOS reads the same temps as all the other programs ive used. i cant ask biostar if there is something wrong with my board, they dont respond to customer feedback\questions\RMA's.

maybe ill send an email to some guru over at toms hardware

EDIT: i think i know how this works

ok, the cpu heats up the base of the cooler and the heat pipes, then the heat pipes dissipate the heat off to the fins, than the hot fins are cooled by running air over them. so, so if the air absorbs more heat because it passes over the fins, that means the air gets hotter, and the fins get cooler, so the fins are lower than the air, and the air is hotter than the fins. since the fins are connceted to the heat pipes, which are connected to the base, which is connected to the CPU, that means the CPU can be lower in temp than the ambient air :D hopefully i made this clear enough

ok if the temps cant be below ambient than how can my temps be at 17c:confused:
The problem with this approach is that all the readings come from a monitoring diode, if the diode is not giving accurate readings then it won't matter what software/bios you use to read it the result will be the same, an incorrect reading. The only real way to test this is to use a calibrated external thermal diode on the cpu.

Here's a thread from another forum related to your question in regards to CPU temps being below the ambient temp zone:

Can my CPU temperature be less than room temp?
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=160914

I'm no physics major but it seems logical what they're saying.

Interesting read.

Back
Top Bottom