Better Mod Communication

Yes, but sometimes, it goes a bit too far. Remember UK31337 with Renegade? He wasn't too happy with the ban of his mate. Personally, I'd believe to stick with the rules and act in consequences.

Personally, since I left the mod position, I run standalone. I don't need to know what's good form bad and I can deal with my crap on my own. Your stuff is yours...my stuff is mine.
However, I do have to agree with the guys here.

Yes, but sometimes, it goes a bit too far. Remember UK31337 with Renegade? He wasn't too happy with the ban of his mate. Personally, I'd believe to stick with the rules and act in consequences.

Personally, since I left the mod position, I run standalone. I don't need to know what's good form bad and I can deal with my crap on my own. Your stuff is yours...my stuff is mine.

Although it's none of my business, why did you leave?

And as for the mods, they seem like they do a pretty good job. I've seen a lot of forums, and the CF mods seem to have to put up with a lot of crap. That being said, mark_thorpe's constant snide remarks towards Brookfield, while they may be deserved, are definitely not mod behavior.

this is the best way to go. don't have friends on forums, then you're not going to ban people that upset your friends, or not ban your friends when they break rules.

of course that's not practical!
everyone is going to have friends. and everyone wants to give their friends the benefit of the doubt. which is why there are other mods around to ban peoples friends for them!

of course in practice unless someone breaks the rules severely, they are unlikely to get banned, and any ban is a usually a temporary slap on the wrist have a few days off type ban.

i think on the whole we are pretty good at communicating, the staff lounge is there for discussions, and msn/PM's too.. if a mod disagrees with a decision, a thread is made in the staff lounge and settled through discussion there..

Although it's none of my business, why did you leave?

And as for the mods, they seem like they do a pretty good job. I've seen a lot of forums, and the CF mods seem to have to put up with a lot of crap. That being said, mark_thorpe's constant snide remarks towards Brookfield, while they may be deserved, are definitely not mod behavior.

i have my reasons.. i dont see why he should be allowed to get away with stealing info, random bans for no reason, breaking rules, calling people nazi's and morons all the time. my job as a mod is to clear up crap, so that i do..

i think on the whole we are pretty good at communicating, the staff lounge is there for discussions, and msn/PM's too.. if a mod disagrees with a decision, a thread is made in the staff lounge and settled through discussion there..

i have my reasons.. i dont see why he should be allowed to get away with stealing info, random bans for no reason, breaking rules, calling people nazi's and morons all the time. my job as a mod is to clear up crap, so that i do..
Calling people nazi's & morons all the time?

Stop bickering guys, you are doing the complete opposite of what the poster is saying...

i know i don't speak for all the mods here, but i can tell you moderating is more than just cleaning up a few spam and banning. it's using your best calls to make the right decision so it's justifiable.

all the mods here are not paid, nor do we ask to be commended. we are here on our own free will to help out on the forum, and do a job that was asked of us to the best of our abilities.

i have been here more than 3 years and have seen CF go though all kinds of stuff, every forum goes through the changes, but the main thing here is to remain positive and build on that.

peace out.. :p

agreed ^
dont think ive repped you in a while, and you deserve it, so have a nice +1, :)

after all that has gone on i think we are coping well though

thank you for the rep.... :)

yes i know CF is going to be alright, infact just watch this place grow..

fireworks.gif

Back
Top Bottom