This concerns me...

why can't each mod delete say 10 per day?..couple months and the job will be done
Sorreee, I suggested that as well, & may I dispute that, 10 mods x 10 a day x several thousand [at a guess 8000 mebbee 10,000] huh??, nah!

there could be some sort of VB add on or script that can be run to do that who knows...i don't...and you certainly wouldn't. Worth looking into though instead of just being a negative ...nvm dont want to get banned.

We don't have permissions to delete members.
Well David had no objections back then, only those who had made no or very little contribution to CF, not regular posters of course.

Um, apologies for the double post, oops:eek:

delete * from members where post count = o

would delete everyone in the members table without a single post.

though I assuem that'd leave orphaned references in another table like registration IP,
so something more complicated like

delete * from members,ip inner join personid where members.postcount = 0

it's late. but it's not complicated.

if we wanted an ultra lean user base we (david) could delete as many members as he likes.

though to be perfectly honest I think a better place to start would be to get rid of all the posts in the spam archive (like delete them) currently all spam posts are just moved to a 'holding place'
even so I'm still going to have to say that I don't really think that it's going to make 'that' much difference to overall speed...

8 mods deleting 10 members a day is only 80 a day, so it's still be the other side of Christmas by the time those 8,000 were all gone. (assuming that all mods actually do ten a day!)

meh...

scripts are the way of the future... why would I want to do a job over and over when I could do the same thing automatically by pressing go once?

agreed. that thread has now been heavily moderated.

though next time I suggest that if a member see's anyone doing something wrong they use the report button, not have an argument about it.

that set of posts would have been cleared away a lot quicker if someone had said something via the report function.

8 mods deleting 10 members a day is only 80 a day, so it's still be the other side of Christmas by the time those 8,000 were all gone. (assuming that all mods actually do ten a day
That's pretty much what I said, before my post was deleted, speaking of which why was that post deleted?:confused:, it was just a comment, almost identical to yours, please explain, obviously your job as a mod is to delete offensive posts, so why this one??, I'm curious to know the reason.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom