8.32 GHz!!!!!

ya and do u no how much money that is?
hell of a lot
LN all u need is copper stubbing weild it (i already have this stuff in my school) and some thermal past
LN is pretty cheep
and your set

not quite as simple as that mate, what are you going to insulate and water proof the piping with? condensation from the copper will be massive and run everywhere.

I think you'd be better served by running three seperate tubes too btw (northbridge, southbridge and cpu)

glad someone brought that up
yes condensation is a big issue
ill be coating the entire bored with nail polish "did he just say nail polish wtf?"
haha ya nail polish does not conduct electricty and is a very good insulator
plus dont forget plenty of other insulation
trust me ive done my homework

I tried to upload these before, lets see if it will work this time.

ln2bj7.jpg

ln2anddiceru4.jpg

This is a couple of guys on a different forum I visit

why not try and reach the record with C2D or C2Q? I'm sure those can reach clock frequencies a lot higher than that.

btw: water cooling would f up your pc as well
but that hasnt stopped anyone from putting it on their pcs now has it?
NOPE!

and how does water cooling f up your pc?

But hey, first of all, don't start flaming people. You came here for help, we gave you the answers, and he just basically said that don't hope to be able to oc it to those speeds.
Which is completely true, it's a world record. The guy has probably been oc'ing computers for over 10 years. You probably have never even tried overclocking.
So he was just being realistic, no need to get offended.

all ocing is, is the luck of the draw. sometimes you get a really good chip that can go really far, like this one. other times you get a chip that hardly goes anywhere at all.

i have only OCed one cpu but i have it down to a science, there is just a check list of things.

1. Raise FSB
2. Run into stablity raise Vcore\lower HT for AMD CPU's
3. Still run into stablity, lower ram
4. More stablity issues i just raise the Chipset voltage
5. your chip\motherboard\ram cant go any higher

8Ghz esa193? I guess i'll be the first to rain on your parade and point something out to you. Your going to have to shell out for a extreme model with a unlocked multiplier. Otherwise your going to get nowhere close. Remember most boards run up to a 2100FSB. Don't quote me on that some may have a option to go higher but with a 9X multi you would need a fsb that could be set at 3555FSB. So i'll just use a E6600 cause I know the multi of the top of my head. 2100/4= 525X9= 4725Mhz.

Also you can use Liquid Nitrogen indoors i've worked with indoors in a science class back in highschool.

So as Rudster pointed out and gave you a checklist thats your goals to overcome. As I covered your going to need a unlocked multi cpu. At some point you'll run out of Vcore and you'll need to mod the motherboard if that happens. As with Vcore you'll run out of FSB and Chipset voltage. Again you'll need to mod the board to get more power.

If running a DDR2 motherboard your going to want at least 1066 if not some dominator memory so your ram doesn't hold you back.

It should be a fun project for ya and I look forward to pics if you manage to set it up.

Also were are you getting the LN at? I know its cheap for the actual LN but the case you need for it is like $800.

If we want to take bets I bet you don't get past 5Ghz.

Back
Top Bottom