Problems with ATI 9550 and Vista.....

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hi guys, i recently upgraded a friends pc to vista home premium, and i'm having troubles with its video.... i see that when i'm running vista for a couple minutes... the picture will get distorted a little and then it will stop sending video signals to the monitor (orange light on monitor, standby)... and it comes up frequency out of range..... then it goes to a blue screen.... and it doesn't do anything after that until i reboot my computer........ it keeps doing this all the time... i tried installing monitor driver and setting to lowest refresh rate and a no go.... it worked great in xp...but why would it do this in vista?.. any help greatly appreciated....... this is totally frustrating...

edt: after searching...i found someone with a simlair problem to what is happening to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g9f0aMqEeQ

i was just plaiyng with bios settings... and i think thats why its doing it...i noticed there some agp settings..i'm going to tr yot play iwht the setting and see if i cna get it to go...btw..i will post what mb it is so u guys can help....:)...thxs, shawn

i'm now starting to have torubles with it doing the same in xp with leates drivers...i just got power back form a hurriance so later i will play with it osmemore.....

According to Vista requirements 9550 is the "minimum". So you can't expect a lot from the card. Also, make sure you have the latest Vista drivers for your card.

Actually, a 9250 could do the job, so can a FX 5200. There's been a lot of problems with Vista and the 9550 though.

I know, but the way he said it, made it look as if the 9250 or older cards couldn't work with Vista.

i got good news...i got it fixed..i was googling.... and i found out you could bios mod it to a 9600....so thats what i did.... and no crahses yet.... and even runs aero great...... i guess the 9550 is the low cost version of the 9600..... but it works great... thxs guys for all your help..i'm so happy i got it fixed... thxs, shawn

Back
Top Bottom