Server Questions

computerfix101

In Runtime
When I make a server I know that I have to make one hardrive for the OS and the rest for the storage but then I wanted to know how to you get your workstations to get that log in screen and anyone can logg on with there username and password from any workstations.

When I make a server I know that I have to make one hardrive for the OS and the rest for the storage but then I wanted to know how to you get your workstations to get that log in screen and anyone can logg on with there username and password from any workstations.

This is done by creating an active directory domain. This is fairly complicated to setup however.

The guy that taught me how to create a server told me to split tthe server into partitions.

9GB for OS
and then separate the rest of space for Games, storage, etc.

Like how would guys split a 160 HD into partitions for a hardrive...

Also is there any tutorials out there for making people login with a username and password???

ISOwner posted a tutorial.

160GB Hard Drive, unless you want to backup an entire partition theirs really no reason to separate it. I'd give at least 20GB to a basic domain controller (no web server, no WSUS, etc) if you did partition it however.

Back
Top Bottom