May actually considering buying a Ford

They aren't small cars either, they look bigger in person than in mags and stuff.

I just think it's more fun to make something fast yourself. My friend has a LS1 Camaro, and he dyno'd 316HP at the wheels with only a cat-back exhaust. With heads and a cam, you could be looking at 500HP with those motors.

the shelby mustang is one of the best looking cars around.. goes very well too, very nice car..

Shelby gt500 is high 40,000s 48,*** I think. Nice cars, defenatly falling behind teh vette and the viper though. Those three are all similarly priced vehicles, and the vette is the fastest, but the viper has the best acceleration, and the GT500, well its a nice car, it just cant keep up with the them. Not even teh GT500 King of the Road version. 500HP its nice, but if you are really going to spend that much on a car, save a little more, and get a viper, so much sweeter, much much rarer, and 600HP. Pllus a v10. The mustang is not really a gas guzzler tho, you can still get about 14 MPG city. Go for teh viper, or teh vette, both nice cars.

If you want a car that is truly the best american supercar, go for the Ford GT40, it is one sweet car. V8, rearmounted engine, beats some ferraris in races. Ford built it when they were buying ferrari, and Ferrari backed out of the deal at the last minute, so ford designed the GT, and it beat all ferraris for years to come. Then, in the future, they made the GT70, and the GT90. Both were failures, so they finally started making the GT40 again. And it was a beast, still is, beat ferraris again, like Fords goal, for only a fraction of the price of a ferrari. It is probably out of your pice range, but it is a sweet car.

Just a side note, the big block, is in chevy cars, not Ford.

Are you sure the bigger block motor is only in Chevys? Ford mentioned how it was tougher to fit the Shelby engine into the Mustang chassis compared to regular Mustang motors. They had to refit the Shelby in the same amount of time it would take to put in a regular motor into a Mustang.

14mpg? Wow, that's definitely a gas guzzler compared to what I'm getting now. I'm averaging 30.5mpg, but I end up spending $48 every 4-5 days. I can't even begin to imagine substituting my car with that Shelby. Doubled the fuel consumption right there. That's why it would have to be a weekend car or something. So far around here, I have yet to see anyone driving this thing.

Because Vetts are so light, they cant go that fast, because their front wheels get lighter from the air travel, and doesnt get the full weight of the engine and losses traction.

Funny-Post.gif

The GT500 engine is not a big block. It's only a 5.4L (330 cubic inches). The reason for such a tight fit in the Mustang is that it has dual-cam 32 valve heads. :D

Because Vetts are so light, they cant go that fast, because their front wheels get lighter from the air travel, and doesnt get the full weight of the engine and losses traction.

that would have an affect on handling more so rather than speed/acceleration. That's always been the problem with a lot of the American supercars. They mount big heavy engines in the front of the car and expect it to out handle Porsches or Ferraris.

I'm experiencing some cognitive dissonance now in regards to that car. It just sounds so good though. But with all this talk about weight and how there are other cars for about the same price, I'm thinking 40+ grand isn't worth it for this car besides being a collector's edition.

that would have an affect on handling more so rather than speed/acceleration. That's always been the problem with a lot of the American supercars. They mount big heavy engines in the front of the car and expect it to out handle Porsches or Ferraris.
Yea, I guess the Z06 can't possibly go fast at all. It only pulls 1.22 lateral Gs, has a top speed of 190+, and a near-perfect 50:50 weight distribution. The body was specifically designed for high-speed stability and cornering capability.

Ok, the vette has an amazingly fast topspeed. It is an $80,000 for a Z06, it's very light wieght, which plays a huge factor on speed and acceleration, although its not as good at acceleration as the viper, it is fast. Cars like proches and ferraris cost many many times more than a vette, yet are not a whole lot better. They might make a rearmounted engine vette in the futue, but not yet. The Ford GT40 has a rearmounted engine, and it can outperform parches and ferraris for a smaller price, and thats the only american car made to challenege those overseas brands, and it beats them.

Back
Top Bottom