Non Integrated Motherboards????

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
I am very new to the concept, and I hear they have ALOT of good qualities to them. Like having them all connect to a bus with a pre-amp giving almost -1 latency, way less overheating, easier to fix specific parts instead of an entire mobo, etc....

I havent found anything like it on newegg, tigerdirect, or even google search for products :O!

Anybody have any suggestions?????

You mean dedicated hardware components that goes on the motherboard? Video cards, sound cards, etc.? Yeah, they're better than having the main CPU and RAM do all the work.

yeah a motherboard is a motherboard. havent been any real changes since AMD\Intel has started putting the memory controllers on the cpu. other than that the basic layout hasnt changed much. i have a motherboard that had a 233mhz K-6 in it, other than the cpu socket and the ISA ports you wouldnt know that its old

Yeah, he was just talking about have one board for the CPU, and then 1 for the ram, 1 for the PCI slots, and all of them connected by wires to a central bus. I think he may have been stoned because I haven't found one thing on anything like that :/

This being said, I have an MSI K9N Diamond mobo, I have to send it in to get the JAUD1 connector fixed because of the electrical interference mentioned in one of my older threads... What do you think would be a decent upgrade (if i even need one)? I have an 8800GTS Superclocked and plan on getting another one for cheap, 4GB's of ddr2 ram, an AMD Athlon X2 4200, im getting an audio card and eventually another HD (500GB) to dualboot XP and Vista.

Any ideas on an extreme mobo for stuff like that?

Oh yeah, lots and lots of USB's would be nice and preferably, more than the standard amount of PCI slots for some of my adapters.

38339.jpg

comp man, sorry about that.

40$!? damn, im no couch surfer!

Im willing to drop about 200 if need be, i like all the PCI slots but that dosent have dual GPU slots, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom