For those of you saying an 8800GT beating a GTX...

their coming out with a new version of the 8800GTS, which they added like 24 more stream processors to it or something, so that the GT doesnt beat the GTS

1. everybody is saying it beats the GTS no the GTX,
2. it does beat the GTX but only in some benchmarks, and some games.
3. only a handful of motherboards supports the 2.0 interface
4. having a x32 interface instead of a x16 interface wont make much of a difference.

You're probably right. I thought the PCI-E 2.0 would make a huge impact.

Isn't it great how the new PCI-express 2.0 are out already? Now we all have to upgrade our motherboards. The new 8800GT has full backward compatibility support for PCI-express 1.0, but it's so much faster on the newer motherboards.

You're probably right. I thought the PCI-E 2.0 would make a huge impact.

it may improve load times, thats it though. once everything is in the VRAM and the game starts, the only transferring going on is the cpu telling the GPU what to do, and the gpu asking the cpu to do physics, then the cpu transferring it back.

you could probably take bench marks from 2.0 motheboards compared to a 1.0 board and see no difference.

EDIT
ISOwner said:
Isn't it great how the new PCI-express 2.0 are out already? Now we all have to upgrade our motherboards. The new 8800GT has full backward compatibility support for PCI-express 1.0, but it's so much faster on the newer motherboards.
its like the difference between AGP 4x/8x, there wasnt much, now the difference will be even less since its 16x/32x.

i bet bread on butter that it will make little difference until cards start coming out that require 2.0. once a board with AM2+/PCI-E 2.0, i might go for it, either that or ill have to change out my cpu while im at it too.

I always thought the PCI-express 2.0 was a major revision which provided at least double the bandwidth. For sure when I get around to a new build, I'll be getting it. Maybe PCI-express 3.0!!! Yes!

no, it just doubles the bandwidth, 2.0 cards are compatible with 1.0 slots, and 2.0 cards are compatible with 1.0 slots, you just sacrifice the bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom