Kaspersky was unable to detect.. is it a virus?

ezeebee

Solid State Member
hello guys my PC is giving a problem that whenever i click on any of the drives, a dialog box opens which includes the list of all programs(As in open with feature for unknown file types). same thing happens when i click on explore. i'm unable to open my drives directly and have to open it through address bar.

I'm unable to use command prompt as well, i closes as soon as i run it without any error.

The task manager is also disabled. When i press Ctrl+Alt+Del it displays taskmanager has been disabled by the administrator, while nothing like this was ever done.

Help guys
EZEEBEE

My best advice would be to get your hands on some type of bootable virus scanner. I don't know of any good free ones, but most retail antivirus software will have a cd that you can put in your computer, reboot, and it scans your computer before your operating system loads.

Make sure you have your cd drive set to boot at startup. This can be done through BIOS. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Alternatively, you might consider using a different antivirus software. AVG is free and works well for me. I can't say I've ever heard of Kapersky or whatever your using. get it here: http://free.grisoft.com/

it is possible the virus did something to windows system files. if you have xp, put in your install cd, and when it boots, choose repair. It will look like its installing windows, but rest assured, all your data will be there once its finished.

Back
Top Bottom