Does microsoft have a monopoly?

MySpace Joins Google to Take On Facebook and Microsoft:

http://www.betanews.com/article/MySpace_Joins_Google_to_Take_On_Facebook_and_Microsoft/1193961344

The news is more realistic the link I posted in the very beginning. Microsoft is integrating a new login system on Facebook....check it out:

....................But Microsoft, with its newfound ties to Facebook, may not want to give in so easily - especially if it is successful in adding Windows Live ID to the site. The two companies could attempt to leverage Microsoft's huge developer community and create their own standard that also spans Windows Live Spaces, setting up a showdown with Google and MySpace.

Bring it on Myspace and Google.....

Whatever. MySpace may have more users, but using HTML for all the profiles is such a bad choice. Not only do you increase the chances of opening yourself to identity theft, you're susceptible to poor taste in profile designs.

The ONLY thing that squashed Netscape was their buggy, bloated, POS web browser. Even AOL gave up on it in favor of IE for a time.

Going a bit off topic, but I remember one of my first ISP providers was AOL, and it remained that way for about a month, the earliest I could cancel my contract. Install their software and it seemed to take over the system, had to use their browser, couldn't do nothing without AOL's permission....it was a night mare to me.

As for the topic, I think that there has been many dubious business deals over the years, which has enabled Microsoft to build up its empire, I don't think there is a monopoly, but it came very close for a while. If I recall correctly wasn't there an issue about it supplying its media player with every OS, reducing consumer choice etc.

I also used to find it annoying when I brought the first computers from places like Compaq etc. before you even started you could end up purchasing or using software which you didn't really want to, so to get a bare bones operating system you needed to uninstall all the programs which it came with.....

Ahhh anyway....I look at my computer now, and for most of my daily computing needs I use Microsoft programs, the only program I prefer over most other programs is Firefox, and paintshop for my graphic needs.

I also used to find it annoying when I brought the first computers from places like Compaq etc. before you even started you could end up purchasing or using software which you didn't really want to, so to get a bare bones operating system you needed to uninstall all the programs which it came with.....

A bunch of laptops come bundled along with that useless crap, especially Vista machines.

I'd say Sony, Dell, and HP (in order of worst to decent) are the worst culprits in bundling bloatware with their consumer machines.

Back
Top Bottom