Good Story..

ok ive been trying to get xp to work for ages now, got our cd back to today, but it didnt end there, listen to this

-ok my pc breaks down
-ask my brother where the cd is, he loaned it out
-ok...after a few days i decide to download the cd
-cd i downloaded wont boot
-i go thorugh about 6 cd's in the next 2 weeks trying to find a boot cd that will boot, read NTFS, and has CD rom drivers
-today i got my cd back HOORAY!
-find out that its too dirty to install\repair :(
-cleaned it with soap, didnt help
-cleaned it with toothpaste(me and my brother's trick) OMG IT WORKS!
-after the repair i try to boot, i get a BSOD
-im currently just doing a fresh install, ill get back to you if it works.

then ill be installing vista that we "got" from a friend ;) works on my brothers lappy with 512 ram, 1.7 Pent. M, and 64 intel on board graphics. ill be dual booting though.

Sounds good. Why XP? Old news now, lol. Vista isnt bad, and a service pack is due soon I think.

the story get WEIDER, ok im installing, 7min. left, and it cant read from the disk, and its just sitting there, and im thinking. hey wait, i downloaded xp, why dont i just pop that disk in now, well i almost never label my cd's, popped the one in that i thought was it...it started going :), ok finishes up, and i restart, all of a sudden it starts booting from the disk:confused:

it was a win98 boot disk!! im still baffled how it kept installing. this has really got me confuses. my head is hurting just thinking about it(no joke). im getting drivers right now, both XP\Vista Chipset\Video. and with my slow internet should be a while before i get them all.

Sounds good. Why XP? Old news now, lol. Vista isnt bad, and a service pack is due soon I think.

my brother has vista on his pc as an install, but we dont have a dvd burner, so i need a platform to transfer it too

Your brother loaned out your copy of XP?

we have activated the key at least 25 times now, its easy to convince the people from India to give you the key, they just want to get it over with, if one doesnt, the next will :rolleyes:.

That's true, I've done it several times with XP and Vista. I imagine having to read numbers to customers is one exciting job.

for them it might be boring, but its a very good opurnity for them. many people in India dont have jobs, and most others have dangerous factory jobs\labor. a lot of people would do a lot to answer phones all day, they could care less how boring\tedious it is. they get money, not much, but anything goes a LONG way over there.

well, i updated it to SP2 and everything is running smooth, im installing drivers right now :), im going to burn the UT3 demo now :D

we have activated the key at least 25 times now, its easy to convince the people from India to give you the key, they just want to get it over with, if one doesnt, the next will :rolleyes:.

You're the reason why software costs are so high. :rolleyes:

its been that high before i was born :p

i havent even fully installed vista yet, and i still got a BSOD :(, im trying again.

Back
Top Bottom