Intel's new stock Heatsink fan for Core 2 Extreme Processors

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
Can't say I'm overly impressed with the design, look at how you have to access the (stupid) push pins, push down on them with a screw driver now I guess??? There are no functionality results that I can find so I don't know how it performs but it is good to see Intel moving away from the standard "lump of aluminium" heatsinks

img9968aj9.jpg

Article Link

looks like a bunch of crap to me, way too small, no copper, unless there is some in the base, crappy mounty, it might cool OK but its not going to do much.

Since when are stock heatsinks big? They aren't gonna put a tower-style heatsink into the box the CPU comes in, it would take up too much space.

I think it will cool better than the original stock heatsinks, considering that almost any heatsink on the market will show an improvement over stock.

Edit: After clicking the link, I want one just because they look cool!

Since when are stock heatsinks big? They aren't gonna put a tower-style heatsink into the box the CPU comes in, it would take up too much space.

I think it will cool better than the original stock heatsinks, considering that almost any heatsink on the market will show an improvement over stock.

Edit: After clicking the link, I want one just because they look cool!

exactly, ive always wanted intel or amd to throw good coolers into there retail cpu boxes, not some crap "gets the job done" cooler. even if you dont OC it causes other components in you case to heat up when you have a bad HSF

The stock heatsinks aren't bad if you just use it for normal usage. Besides, Core 2 Duos run cool enough for a stock heatsink to do it's job, unless you plan on overclocking.

WOW im not really an overclocker i mean i have my pentium D up 200Mhz simply coz i dont wonna mess with voltages.

i mean lets face it intel provide that HS&F for standard user's if you overclock you have to expect to buy an aftermarket 1 otherwise whats the point intel or AMD arent going to provide the stock HS&F to outperform aftermarkets otherwise it would be pointless coz its more cost for them and half the people that buy their processors wouldnt overclock.

also that looks so cool for a stock its gorgeous and if it keeps it cool at stock thats all i care about

exactly, ive always wanted intel or amd to throw good coolers into there retail cpu boxes, not some crap "gets the job done" cooler. even if you dont OC it causes other components in you case to heat up when you have a bad HSF

You have to think about manufacturing costs too. If they design a bigger and better heatsink, you are gonna be paying for it, when it can go towards an aftermarket heatsink that will perform better anyway.

OMG, it looks like a Zalman but look at the material though. Hmmm, you would think copper is a better material for thermal transfer. Still, looks good. I'll take it. It has to be more effficient the classic fansink.

Back
Top Bottom