64bit Vista.

worshipme

Golden Master
I have been told it's very unstable and doesn't work well with some hardware. Can any 64bit Vista users confirm this? As I don't want to have to purchase 32bit Vista and then 64bit version later because it would be a waste of money.

well i havent been using it for long, since yesterday in fact, but i havent seen any problems with it. All my hardware works after i downloaded new drivers and i havent seen any software problems either.

hope that helps

Yes, make sure your hardware are euipped with 64-bit Vista compatbile drivers before you make the purchase. Once it is installed, your computer will run faster too depending on what kind of hardware you're running. As far as it being unstable, it shouldn't if you have all the correct drivers installed. Just like with any 32 bit OS too.

I don't have the 64 bit version buy some of my coworkers are running it. We installed ours almost the same time and they haven't complained about any major issues. One guy said his PC locked up a couple of times while playing a game, but he has his system OC'ed pretty high so that might have been a contributing cause. Other than that, it's smooth and fast.

im running 64bit
runs great plus theres a 32bit emulator
ull be fine go for it

yeah get 64bit vista. i have it and the only annoying problem is that my netgear wifi dongal doesnt have any drivers that support it in 64bit vista, only 32bit. other than that if youre into gaming then get it as thats the way to go. such games like crysis are going to be 64 and 32bit with the 64bit having more performance. plus youre future proofed.

Yes. When running Vista 64-bit version along with 64 bit processing power, it can address an enormous amount of memory. By allowing for the addressing of more RAM, 64 bit processing can greatly improve video encoding and decoding and some other 64-bit apps too. Fast, fast, and fast.

Yes. When running Vista 64-bit version along with 64 bit processing power, it can address an enormous amount of memory. By allowing for the addressing of more RAM, 64 bit processing can greatly improve video encoding and decoding and some other 64-bit apps too. Fast, fast, and fast.

YAY, glad I got something right! :) Would you agree with this: I told worshipme to get atleast 4gb for if he wil be using Vista 64bit Vista instead of 2gb which he was planning to get?

Technically, he'll do fine running on 2GB if that's what he chooses to do. But the question is what does he plan on doing with his PC? Then you ask, how much RAM is enough?

We know 1GB is out of the question so please, DO NOT get 1GB or you're dead in the water. You will DIE!!!! (ok, I'm being extreme here, but for performance sake, please get more).

What about more than 1GB? Ah, now we're in the sweet spot. Doubling it will notice a real change. I honestly think that the average user won't notice too much of a difference in the speed and stability of 64-bit Windows Vista with greater than 2 GB of RAM under normal load of most applications and gaming these days.

However, if you're running like Virtual Server or VMWare and a virtual machine or two, that's where you can really shine with 4GB+. Having 4GB does give you a lot of headroom to play with for the future since you can throw just about anything at it. Keep in mind that 64 bit apps are here and many more to come in the future.

On a technical side, for 64-bit computing, more memory isn't just a perk, it's a little more of a necessity at the same time. You see, each instruction code, memory address, etc. will take up more room in your RAM and cache due to the increased length of pointers, protected space, etc. Whereas a 32bit OS may be able to execute a program in 100MB, you can find that the size of a 64 bit OS running the same program can take 105-110MB. So more RAM is good.

Back
Top Bottom