GPU Debate ?

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I'm starting to build my dad's computer, but do not know if I should purchase the 8800GTS 640MB or the 8800GT 512MB for him. He will be running his res at 1680x1050.

What will he be doing with the computer?

Also, EVGA just released the GTS 640's that have the new 112 pipelines like the GT, it's in their "SSC" line of cards. So the GT will not automatically perform better.

Well he is only going to play some games on the computer, racing games. Not a lot, but I still want to build him a mad gaming machine lol. Which is a better performance between them 2 cards? I have a 8800GTS 640 in mine and I love it, just don't know if the GT version is better.

dont waste money if he isnt going to do much with it, get a 8600GTS 512mb, it will max out bioshock acording to nate. no reason to spend so much money.

I appreciate the advise, but I want it to last a while before the gpu is really outdated. 8800GTS 640 or 8800GT. Plus when I go to visit him, I can play some gaming on there, so it won't go to waste.

value for money you'd have to go with the 8800GT

depends, in this case i would personally go with 8600GT i mean how often do new racing games come out? if thats all he's going to play, a nice 8600 should do just fine... now if he played all types of games i would def. say 8800 since new FPS's come out more frequently than racing

Back
Top Bottom