video memory

mitch0508

In Runtime
hi

i have got a laptop that runs xp and i would like vista on it. i have taken a test to see if i can run vista and everythings fine except the video memory. i wondered if this was a major problem and what it would change on vista?

thanks

well when the problem with video memory came up did it say that it wouldnt install or you could do with more ?

because the chances are it just wont be able to handle aero like the glass theme and stuff,.

it doesnt really say either but my laptops got 64mb of video memory and vista requires a minimum of 128mb.

thanks

it doesnt really say either but my laptops got 64mb of video memory and vista requires a minimum of 128mb.

thanks
there you have it. thats your problem. theres ways to run aero on crappy cards but its not really worth it, as it wont work too well. it will install with the vista basic theme, but you'll get all the same features

Just wondering if you used the System Requirements Lab software to test out your laptop. I have a Dell Inspirion 9300, Pentium M 2.0ghz, 1gb ram, geforce go 6800 256mb; and there have been a lot of applications that I have tested from that website that my system has exceeded, but run poorly after I install it. Example: The Sims 2 Deluxe and Black and White 2 (on highest settings) run poorly; while Counter Strike Source (avg. 72 fps), WoW, and Fable Lost Chapters run perfect on their highest settings with a resolution of 1280x800. Just trying to warn you if you used their software. You have to use your own judgment. Also, I wouldn't upgrade to Vista yet anyway, laptop or not. And I definitely wouldn't upgrade it on a laptop unless it was brand new.

Back
Top Bottom