Getting an exchange on my MSI MOBO, HELP

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
Their technical support process is the worst, most hassling process I have ever seen in my life, and this is only to REQUEST TS.

I've got most of the info they asked for, but how do I find my

a) GPU Driver version (yeah I know, pretty noobish, leave me alone :D)

b) Mobo Bios Version

c) Mobo Revision? Wtf is motherboard revision?

Help finding these things would help me a bunch!!

motherboard revision can be found on the motherboard itself written down normally in the left hand corner, and its usually shown as v1.0 or v2.0 or v1.5.

the mobo bios can be normally found in the manual somewhere

and the gpu driver version you could find out by plugging it into another computer and checking it under Device Manager > Display Adapters then double click on the graphics card and it will open a small window, click on the Drivers tab it says there

motherboard revision can be found on the motherboard itself written down normally in the left hand corner, and its usually shown as v1.0 or v2.0 or v1.5.

the mobo bios can be normally found in the manual somewhere

and the gpu driver version you could find out by plugging it into another computer and checking it under Device Manager > Display Adapters then double click on the graphics card and it will open a small window, click on the Drivers tab it says there

What would the mobo bios look like?

And there HAS TO BE an easier way of getting the GPU driver than taking it out and installing it into a new computer. wtf.

if you have the motherboard manual, it will tell you in that most of the time what model and manufacturer the BIOS is.

well you could try remeber when you last updated them :) then you can check what the latest version is.

if you have the motherboard manual, it will tell you in that most of the time what model and manufacturer the BIOS is.

well you could try remeber when you last updated them :) then you can check what the latest version is.

can you give me an example of what the bios make and model would be?

well there arnt many makes of BIOS, Award for example is pretty popular and here is an example from my motherboards manual:

Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
PnP1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, ACPI 1.0b

Yayy, got it all.

just entered into the bios setup and the code was there.

thhankssss

Back
Top Bottom