Official Signature Resolution?

It was pointed out to me my sig is larger than 5 lines. I see 4 lines with my resolution. With a wide range of monitors out there I think it would be smart to include a required resolution to format the Signatures in. I checked and my sig at 1280X1024 is still 4 lines.

So in the rules you may want to state a standard resolution for everyone to go by.

Not really a big deal but a mod pointed it out to me so I just wanted to see if mines fine or what?

I mean default by the majority is probally 1280X1024 right?

if its 4 lines on yours thats okay.. its just cause ive got a stupidly small monitor.. dont worry about it..

It was pointed out to me my sig is larger than 5 lines. I see 4 lines with my resolution. With a wide range of monitors out there I think it would be smart to include a required resolution to format the Signatures in. I checked and my sig at 1280X1024 is still 4 lines.

So in the rules you may want to state a standard resolution for everyone to go by.

Not really a big deal but a mod pointed it out to me so I just wanted to see if mines fine or what?, I mean default by the majority is probally 1280X1024 right?
I don't want the mods to get blamed for this mate, it was me, so on a PM it looked like 6, but here as the space is wider on forums it's 4, 1 under the max of 5

hmm... I see 7 lines, but I can tell thats my resolution (1024x768). How about 1280x whatever is the forum standard for sig size? what do you guys think? what are most standard monitors?

This goes for me, so I'm sure the other mods will do this as well. If you can send me a screen shot that has a post of yours in the web browser, showing your sig and it is five or less lines on your screen, I will allow it.

This goes for me, so I'm sure the other mods will do this as well. If you can send me a screen shot that has a post of yours in the web browser, showing your sig and it is five or less lines on your screen, I will allow it.
yea, you said that before. its a good idea.

Wow your opinion has changed dramatically over the last year or so.

;)
Yeah!, it has, There you go Mark, another one to delete, now's your chance, ban me for a week for being abusive to a mod, I need a rest from all this hassle anyway, go ahead!

it's 7 lines on 1024 x 768

it was suggested a while back that the smaller resolution would be the benchmark since not everyone has, (or is capable of displaying) a bigger resolution.

times may have changed though?

I think at the start we said that because it was annoying for those with lower resolutions to see the screen,
I've just checked and your sig is 7 lines on the smaller res,

for people with a smaller res space is a premium...

I guess it depends on whether you want to annoy the people with smaller resolutions or not...

I think that it's down to the individuals who point it out.

it is a rule that sigs are 5 lines only, I think that if someone points it out to you that your sig seems long then you should try to do something to appease them,
for instance, your sig has a space in it, and a lot of padding chars, there's no reason that your sig couldn't be only five lines on the smaller sig

Back
Top Bottom