Street Patrol

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Hey Guys, Today while Patrolling East Los Angeles I encountered a situation that ate at me inside and to this moment is still bothering me, So I thought I would share it with you guys.

This morning it was a quiet one, Only had Two calls. First was a fellow Officer needing backup to a car full of thugs, Second call was a routine Domestic Disturbance.

Later in my shift I recieved another call for Assault at a residence. The dispatcher noted that the woman was screaming for help and at the same time you could hear him hitting her, then the call was disconnected. When I arrived on scene you could hear the woman screaming. As I charged through the door, The Suspect was beating this woman to death with a baseball bat, as she was curled up in a fetal position in the corner of the room. When he saw me with my gun drawn on him he charged out the door. Let me tell you , When I saw this woman, I felt like just shooting the guy, But I knew the only thing she wanted was that asshole caught,So I pursued the suspect for a good 2 miles at which point he tired out and pulled a knife on me. I had no choice but to shoot the suspect. He'll survive, But I can promise you this, I'm going to do everything in my power to get this guy the most time he can share with Bubba in Prison.

I'm not supposed to discuss my calls, But this one has by far been the worst I have encountered and kept my stomach in knots.

This womans life and appearance is changed for life, Because of this Asshole. People like this I don't think deserve to live, and to be honest with you our Justice system needs steeper penalties for crimes like this.

I just don't understand what kind of mindset these people are in when they think it's right to brutally beat someone to death with a baseball bat.

I just had to share this and talk about it.

They need to bring back the death penalty. An eye for an eye so-to-speak. With that kind of bias answer, no wonder I never make it past the first round of jury selection, lol.

It's too bad you can't do anything other than what you did because that idiot of a guy can bring up assault charges and other counts. Justice these days can go both ways and that's how people like OJ got away with murder.

ISOwner said:
They need to bring back the death penalty. An eye for an eye so-to-speak.

sometimes 1st degree murder isnt on purpose though. for example, a 16 year old pushed his buddy of a bridge at night(must of been in the 90's i think) it wasnt very high, just a couple of feet, and the water was really shallow, but he ended up drowning anyways.

if he had been 18 it would have been 1st degree murder. do you really think he deserves the death penalty? and execpetions are out of the question too, otherwise people will think things are biased, thats why there are limits for certain crimes.

Well, the guy nearly beat the girl to death. On purpose. With a baseball bat. ALready, he faces assault with a deadly weapon and another count for beating the crap out of that woman. Plus, evading an officer. His future is not looking so bright.

We still have the death penalty, it's just not used in the same manner as it once were. Kids these days think they rule the world because of all these new laws in place where you can't touch them. Shit, I'll lay down a 15 year old if he ever does something like that to me. It's ridiculous how these little punk ass kids can get away with most stuff these days. They need to be tried as an adult if their frame of mind is that of one.

life in prision w\o peril is worse IMO, who wants to live in prision until they die.

there is also life in prision+20 years. and other amounts. what this means is if you ever get out because of a peril hearing, then you have to serve another 20 years.

He was initially charged with Battery, Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Attempt to Murder, Evading an LEO, Assault on an LEO, and I'll be in court pressing charges and testifying.

Wow man, that's tough. Cheer's for doing your job, and saving that woman's life. Putting yourself on the line like is not something just anyone could do.

It takes a "small" man to beat a woman. At least that is one punk off the street.

Hey Guys, Today while Patrolling East Los Angeles I encountered a situation that ate at me inside and to this moment is still bothering me, So I thought I would share it with you guys.

This morning it was a quiet one, Only had Two calls. First was a fellow Officer needing backup to a car full of thugs, Second call was a routine Domestic Disturbance.

Later in my shift I recieved another call for Assault at a residence. The dispatcher noted that the woman was screaming for help and at the same time you could hear him hitting her, then the call was disconnected. When I arrived on scene you could hear the woman screaming. As I charged through the door, The Suspect was beating this woman to death with a baseball bat, as she was curled up in a fetal position in the corner of the room. When he saw me with my gun drawn on him he charged out the door. Let me tell you , When I saw this woman, I felt like just shooting the guy, But I knew the only thing she wanted was that asshole caught,So I pursued the suspect for a good 2 miles at which point he tired out and pulled a knife on me. I had no choice but to shoot the suspect. He'll survive, But I can promise you this, I'm going to do everything in my power to get this guy the most time he can share with Bubba in Prison.

I'm not supposed to discuss my calls, But this one has by far been the worst I have encountered and kept my stomach in knots.

This womans life and appearance is changed for life, Because of this Asshole. People like this I don't think deserve to live, and to be honest with you our Justice system needs steeper penalties for crimes like this.

I just don't understand what kind of mindset these people are in when they think it's right to brutally beat someone to death with a baseball bat.

I just had to share this and talk about it.

Thanks for helping her and being a good cop :) You did the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom