Upgrading DRR ram

thx..and yeah our systems do almost desaime. But you hve a better clockspecs and yeah i will def try it, hopefully it will help. and no videocard? but i see in your specs that you have 7800GT

That's for my regular desktop PC. My laptop uses an integrated Intel media accelerator which is ok for basic use such as movie watching and basic gaming. If I had a dedicated video card on this baby, I would invenst in more RAM. Max out what the motherboard can support.

ah thats koo, i never had a desktop so i can imagine what you can run with that but yeah i will def invest in the ram to see what i get from it. Hopefully i will be able to run games like crysis even better.

With the bulk Windows Vista carries and the ability to run Crysis, it takes up a lot of system resources. RAM helps to speed things up in your case. But I wouldn't go anymore than 4GB. For the typical user, I wouldn't recommend that much RAM since they won't see a difference in speed at all (if all they plan to do is word processing, internet, email, things like that). Just running Crysis alone is intense enough. I couldn't run it on my desktop PC, but then again, look at how ancient that sucker is. It's not even dual core and the RAM count is at its bare minimum.

Make sure you check your RAM specs before you buy and upgrade them. That program CPU-Z tells you that too. Just go to the SPD tab at the top and it will tell you what type of RAM you're running so you can match it.

97328027al1.jpg

yeah the game is very demanding thats why i thought about 3 or 4GB of ram. But yeah the cards get old really fast you buy one and before you know it there is another out thats 10times better and faster. and yeah i have read sumware that if you put to much ram then the system doesn't recodnize any difference so there wount be any change

I haven't really opened up the bottom panels yet to see how they're laid out. Most have two RAM slots so you may end up replacing all that you have with 2x 2GB sticks for a total of 4GB. I haven't messed with my laptop to see how many slots I have as of yet. But over the holidays, I'll tinker with it to see.

Yes, most likely because you're running off of 2x 1GB right now. Perhaps open up that little panel on the bottom of the laptop to check just in case. Should that be the case, those RAM you have now in your laptop are history and gone with the wind. Used for spare parts or test parts since you're getting new 2x 2GB modules.

Yeah i think that aswell. I will check it out tommorow i shall open that up to see whats in it and how to change it. Is hard? i watched on youtube how to do it didn't seem that difficult.

It's one of the easiest thing to do. There are these two lever that you have to pull apart. That separates the RAM from the slot. Putting them in is even easier. Just line them up carefully (while making sure the notch are aligned) and push evenly into the slot. The outside levers will snap onto the RAM module itself securing it. After it's done, power on the laptop and bingo: instant upgrade.

I think upgrading RAM is the absolute easiet upgrade anyone can do. Easier than installing a hard drive or a DVD burner.

Back
Top Bottom