How is you PC handling the crysis demo?

I agree, my monitor is a 16:10, and only looks right when set to 1680x1050. All the other resolutions when set to full screen stretch the image off from the right apect ratio somewhat.

Hey Kage, you should get that new beta nvidia driver, and see if you can run it at the highest settings, because, when I get a new GFX card, my system will be fairly similar to yours.

my set-up's not that good for gaming, but i tried COD4 and it plays pretty good so I thought I'd give Crysis a try...it ran really bad though...all choppy..my system was definately struggling bad...specs below.

I did install the new Beta driver :)

At a lower setting (1280z960), I get around 42fps average.
At default monitor res of 1680x1050, I get 18fps average, all on high, but no AA.

Still, it isn't al bad.

High as in, the super high DX10 setting? Cause there was high, and than there was very high or something. I want to get something that will play it in high, but I might have to wait a long time, cause there are no affordable cards than can do it, lol.

no single nvidia card can do it right now in DX10, a guy on the evga forum's said he was getting close to 0FPS with his 8800GTX, latest drivers, 2gb ram, E6600 OCed(dont know what speed though).

That just sucks, I want to be able to play this in teh highest settings...

Just to give you a go-by, we have a demo here at work, 8800 GTX's in SLI, q6600 (stock) and 4 GBs of ram on Vista. It cannot run at very high. This game is demanding. Period.

ask your boss if you can throw 2 2900XT's in there, i think ati might have a chance if nvidia cant come out with cards that can play crysis, and ati can.

Superman22x, high as in High in XP :) I haven't got Vista to try it out in Direct X 10 :(

Hmm... when you say 2x 8800GTX's in SLI, are you trying to run wit AA? and what resoluton?
Try turning AA off, and see what happens. Any higher than 1680x1050, and I can't really see the benifits of AA anyway.

Back
Top Bottom