Computer damage

any beeps? have you disassembled and reassembled? is the m/board led the only thing that lights up? did any fans spin?

Really the only way you're going to find out if any of the parts are any good is to test them in another pc. You haven't said how much water so I'm assuming it wasn't 20L, there is a chance some of the peripherals are ok.

EDIT: Look for obvious charring on the contacts and dont use them if any are found of course

ok thanks for the help..1 more question, on my other computer i have a gig of ram in it but it says i only have 960 MB of ram, do you know why this is?

Ahh maybe. Sorry few more questions, i have a HP pavilion 645c , AMD XP 3200+ 2.2 GHZ, gig of ram. Should i be able to play CS or wow? or will i need to get a graphic card, and should a radeon 9600 pro be able to work with this computer? ive plugged it in but it doesnt seem to work on here. Thanks for all the help

I couldn't find any info on that HP model do you have a link to it?

If it has an AGP slot the 9600 should work. This isn't from the wet pc is it?

I'd say you'll need a card for both those games, WoW "might" play with onboard but it would be at really low settings.

Most pc's auto disable onboard video when an expansion card is put in but it may pay to check in the bios to see that the right video adaptor is selected.

thats probably because the computer is using the rest to do its processes and tasks.

Back
Top Bottom