Omg! 8800gt destroys 8800gts!!!

These cards are available from tommorrow in the UK. You can preorder at pretty much every site (overclockers, ebuyer etc).

Cheapest price I can see is on ebuyer, Inno3d, 512mb for £155.

BOUGHT!!!!

Hmm... I wish I'd of known this sooner, if the GT performs that much better than the GTS at the moment.

I looked on ebay, the 8800gts are pretty cheap on there now. Everyone wants to sell them now, lol. But, I will still wait. I want to be able to play crysis on the highest settings with whatever card I get, and its starting to seem like that may not be possible... But we shall see.

yep, kinda annoyed me too, ahhh well I'll stick with my outdated (2 month old) GTS

/me crys quietly to self, why is it everytime I buy something it is superceded almost instantly ???

$20 million lotto this week

/me crosses fingers

:D

Here's a review I trust

Guru3D 8800GT Review

Go Hilbert lol

+1 thats by far the best review i've seen so far. I find it interesting that the SLI difference really isn't much until you get into higher resolutions.

yep, kinda annoyed me too, ahhh well I'll stick with my outdated (2 month old) GTS

/me crys quietly to self, why is it everytime I buy something it is superceded almost instantly ???

$20 million lotto this week

/me crosses fingers

:D

LMAO I know how you feel. Although I think I got a bit more time out of my GTS. Can't remember when I bought it for sure. Doesn't it suck gotta love it.

I think they look great in the single slot design too. I really feel like buying one but i'll just hold off until the next lineup of the GTS's come. Rumors said they would be around $450 roughly. Although I don't remember reading much if anything about the 8800gt until basically its debut. So to me those rumors are a joke i'll just wait and see what Nvidia has up there sleeves.

Also i'm curious how they ran the SLI on the 680i. I've read alot on the eVgA forums that stated SLI wasn't working yet with the 680i drivers.

Dunno about the single slot cooler, it looks nice but from Hilberts temps it looks like they sacrificed cooling for looks, I'd shite myself if my card ever hit 97°C.

I'm not going to go the GT route, I think I'll wait for the next series, I didn't buy into the 7xxx series at all just went from 6800U to this, I think I'll do the same and wait for the 9xxx's

EDIT: The revamped 640MB GTS are due out soon apparently. Same core as this GT release.

Bumpity bump

More info on the revamped 640MB GTS, if it is true that it still uses the older G80 core and is nearly twice the price it looks as if the GT is going to be the better buy for sure.

It was rumored yet now confirmed by board-partners. The newer GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB will have an increased number of Stream Processors from 96 to 112; just like the 8800 GT. So that's a little more shader cores, slightly better bandwith and ehm .. yeah that's it.

It's not exactly clear if this core is based on G92, if that's so then the new VP2 video engine would be on there as well. I should get an answer back from BFG soon.

Update - confirmed; this is still based on the "older" G80 processor.

Lake Forest, IL – (October 29, 2007) – BFG Technologies, Inc., the leading North American and European NVIDIA supplier of advanced 3D graphics cards, motherboards, power supplies and other PC enthusiast products, announced today the BFG NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTS OC 640MB Extreme Edition PCI Express™ graphics card for a suggested retail price of $499 USD.

“By increasing the number of Stream Processors from 96 to 112 on our award winning BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS OC 640MB graphics card,” said Dean Brady, Sr. Director of marketing at BFG Technologies, “we are able to give our new Extreme Edition an additional performance boost that our customers have come to expect from BFG.”

The BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS EE OC 640MB is available exclusively at CompUSA.

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS EE OC 640MB:

Core Clock: 565MHz vs. standard 500MHz
Shader Clock: 1300MHz vs. standard 1200MHz
Memory Clock: 1700MHz vs. standard 1600MHz

SOURCE - GURU3D

Back
Top Bottom