How is you PC handling the crysis demo?

here is a picture of what it looks lie now:
crysis.jpg

hey I wanted to ask a question about system specs and my idea.

I have this system here

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
2 GB DDR400 RAM
onboard ATi shit

now I was thinking... the 8800 GT's are coming soon... now I can max out on this 19" at 1280x1024, think I could play on High or Very High without AA with no problems if I get the 8800 GT? its 512 so I figured that was enough and the rest of my PC passes the systemrequirementslab test

EDIT: sorry on-topic, my onboard can play the game on 800x600 on low at around 15fps which I thought was funny XD

hey I wanted to ask a question about system specs and my idea.

I have this system here

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
2 GB DDR400 RAM
onboard ATi shit

now I was thinking... the 8800 GT's are coming soon... now I can max out on this 19" at 1280x1024, think I could play on High or Very High without AA with no problems if I get the 8800 GT? its 512 so I figured that was enough and the rest of my PC passes the systemrequirementslab test

EDIT: sorry on-topic, my onboard can play the game on 800x600 on low at around 15fps which I thought was funny XD

get a better processor, 3800'll bottleneck that joint

get a 5200 minimum
and DDR400 might bottleneck, but i suppose u could try

well dude I was surprised. im on the ATi Radeon Xpress 200. I never get a single hitch in the game on low but the speed is low. my dads PC which is,

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2 GB DDR400 RAM
Geforce 6800 overclocked and pipelines open to GT speed

this card can also play on low and at 800x600. its much faster but it hitches like crazy. I figured it was the processor... I think my PC will take the game fine, I just need a video card.

well dude I was surprised. im on the ATi Radeon Xpress 200. I never get a single hitch in the game on low but the speed is low. my dads PC which is,

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2 GB DDR400 RAM
Geforce 6800 overclocked and pipelines open to GT speed

this card can also play on low and at 800x600. its much faster but it hitches like crazy. I figured it was the processor... I think my PC will take the game fine, I just need a video card.

i can guarantee u tho, that the 3800'll be mad weak and bottleneck ur system for crysis

and im happy 4 u, that it works on ur x200 lol

ok well I can overclock this processor about 200mhz with no problems. I'll see where that gets me ;)

i have played it a few times over the last few days now , not had ay time for serious play but i have found its ok , even tho i am running at low the graphics are still ok and the framerate is pretty smooth i might actually buy this game when it comes out , depending upone what i am doing about a new GPU i have figured out that i may get a new gpu after X mas

Like I can't see the map or anything, its just dark, and thats it I updated to the new 163.71 drivers, but all that did was make it a little better I still can't see like the weapon or anything, and I always run into invisible walls, and go over invisible hills and get artifacts lol

Dude I had the exact same thing!!! Here is what you do:

Get a program (I forget what it's called, I'm at work) that removes all the drivers. It's like something Driver remover or something, and completely uninstall all the vid drivers. I have an ATI so what I did I uninstalled everything that had the word ATI. Then restart computer. When it's back on, it will ask u something like "fond new hardware" click cancel. Then download the latest drivers and restart. It should work!

this might sound like a stupid question but can someone tell em how to get 1440x900 resolution or 1280x800? i have 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 but those are too high and there is no other choice of 1440x900 or 1280x800 whihc i thought was a little odd

I can run it on medium, at 1680x1050, with the computer in my sig, and my graphics card is slightly downclocked cause of an overheating problem, which I am on hold with asus to fix right now.
What is the minimum card I can get to run it on the highest settings with my rig?

Back
Top Bottom