Oc'n GPU

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I'm going to try an OC my GPU a bit, and see if I can get results that I'm sattisfied with, instead of buying a new GPU. I'm using RivaTuner.

Core Clock: 513

Shader Clock: 1188

Memory Clock: 792

These are my default Clocks, and I want to know what is safe to mess with, how far can I push it, and what temps should I start slowing down from Overclocking? Also can I ruin my GPU if I'm not careful?

Also I have a pretty good airflow going around my gpu.

you can go pretty crazy with the clocks on a GTS, the core can reach temps in excess of 100c w\o overheating. you will run in to stability issues before heat issues.

just higher them 5-10mhz at a time, there is a guide as a sticky too

You may find that ocing is disabled under that driver with Rivatuner, saw a couple of threads mentioning that over on Guru3D

I rolled back to the other driver. Crysis runs superb on Very High Settings.

My OC on my GPU is...

Core Clock: 594

Shader Domain: 1404

Memory Clock: 864

I set my GPU fan fixed on 75% to keep it a little cooler. By OC'n my card by that much, will it destroy my card? I'm hopping to get at least 6 months out of it until I have to upgrade.

Should I try OC'n more lol, or should I leave it? I'm just amazed what OC'n can do. Bought me some more time before I need to upgrade. :)

i highly doubt it will mess it up. I used to have a 6600GT and I pushed that thing to the most extreme limits I could to avoid having to upgrade and it still works today.

Its hit and miss with GPU's. Mainly the luck of the draw on if you get a really good overclocking card or a poor card. So as they said you'll just have to try settings to find your max. After you find max the only way to get more would be a volt mod. Thats complicated and will void your warranty so I wouldn't recommend that unless you know what your doing. My overclock settings are.

Core: 675
Shader: 1556
Memory:1008

TY all. The highest I could get before GPU would act weird was...

Core: 621

Shader: 1458

Memory: 1008

I don't think that is too bad, I'm satisfied with it. It runs my games great.

1 more thing, with rivatuner it wont let me change the low power 3d core, is there a reason why? or do I need not to worry about that 1?

Back
Top Bottom