How to install updates for the videocard?

Domaz

In Runtime
I want to know how do you install properly updates for your videocard? I'm asking this basically cause i have never done this before so i have no idea. I'm kinda afraid to do it by myself cause i know i'm gonna do something wrong cause i'm not that big of a computerwiz so if somebody could guide me would be much apreciated. And i gotta question if i would install the update for the crysis demo the beta version what is the use after the game is realesed? Then would i need to update again or what? And is it worth installing this driver ForceWare Release 163.69?I got a Asus G1s A1 so should it be done thru the nvidia.com or manufactures website?

The proper way to install new drivers is to download the newest version to a folder on your computer. You will then need to go into Add or Remove Programs and uninstall your current video card drivers. After rebooting, cancel any "found new hardware" windows that pop up. Go to the folder that has the new driver and click the installer. It will then extract the files to a temporary folder and begin the installation. Just follow the prompts and you you should be good to go.

I would think that it's worth installing the new drivers as the fix any compatibility and performance issues with newer games.

Thank u for explaining. and were should i place the downloaded drivers in? this C: station or it's good to place anywear? When i delete any current drivers wount this make my screen go to 4bit color? And ohyeah i forgot to mention that it's a laptop. Should i install windows vista hotfixes before doing all this?

Thank u for explaining. and were should i place the downloaded drivers in? this C: station or it's good to place anywear? When i delete any current drivers wount this make my screen go to 4bit color? And ohyeah i forgot to mention that it's a laptop. Should i install windows vista hotfixes before doing all this?

You can place the installer for the drivers anywhere you like, but make sure you can find it easily.

When you uninstall your old drivers you should not see a huge difference, most likely some lag on screen, perhaps some flickering, and a resolution drop. I seriously doubt it will change your colour scheme to any great extent.

I do not see any real reason to install hotfixes deliberately as they should be applied automatically.

Thanks again for making it clear but one last question tho. Should i before doing all this set in as mod as in administrative? If so how do you do it in vista?

You do not need to install the drivers in the manner explained in your link. The Nvidia drivers have a built in installer that does all the work for you. Just click the driver file and away it goes.

Back
Top Bottom