Wondering.

nite090

Baseband Member
I was wondering how many people on this forum that actually have some programming experience. :D

And if I should start programming, would c++ be good? Since I am already quite good in QuickBasic(Noobish Programming).

I would say try an imtermediate language such as perl or PHP because C++ can get complicated rather quickly and there are alot of aspects to learn with it

An answer from the admin himself! :O! I would start out with a imtermediate language, but I don't know any of them. The popular languages are Java or C++, maybe Visual too.

Belive it or not QBASIC (QuickBasic) is a great start. Many of the ideas and conventions carry over.

Visual Basic is nice for getting used to things like for-loops and all that fun stuff.

If you are looking at Java or C++, I couldn't tell you which one is easier. Both can have code that looks like it should work, but it doesn't. The quicker of the two would probably be C++ though.

Most programming constructs, such as variables, loops, control statements etc. will crop up in all languages in one form or another.

C++ is probably too advanced for a beginner as it is inconsistent in terms of its operation, and generally becomes too complicated too quickly for many people. Java is an easier alternative, as is Microsoft's C#. All three of these languages are currently industry standard so being extremely good with one, or moderately good with more than one, are good things to put down on a CV.

Visual Basic is still a good choice as well, and the latest version (Visual Basic 2005) is a lot better than its predecessor Visual Basic .Net which, to be quite frank, was a complete mess.

Back
Top Bottom