Omg! 8800gt destroys 8800gts!!!

I just realized I have that!

Im confused, it is only 300 dollars, but I spent like, 450 on my 640 MB GTS Superclocked, whats gonna happen there?

Do I get the 8800GT and store credit, because I want to buy another GT.

And what exactly is making the 8800GT so much better than the GTS o_O!?

I just realized I have that!

Im confused, it is only 300 dollars, but I spent like, 450 on my 640 MB GTS Superclocked, whats gonna happen there?

Do I get the 8800GT and store credit, because I want to buy another GT.

And what exactly is making the 8800GT so much better than the GTS o_O!?

more stream processors and btr speeds.
the thing is big. doesnt cool itself well too. i think i would take the case off for btr ventilation.

least i didnt get screwed over. ill just use evga's step up program :D, ill get more cash, and more performance :D omg I LOVE EVGA!!!

EDIT:
just sent the sales rep an email :)

I would wait until, they are released tomorrow because nvidia is not stupid and they are releasing new 640mb 8800gts's with 112 stream processors so that the 8800gt doesn't outperform the 8800gts...

DAMNIT!

Invoice : 7/22/07

DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!

Now I just have to sell it off >:[

Think I could get it off for 350?

Should I just stick with my GTS? FTW!

Even with this, I'm gonna stick with my GTS for a while. I haven't been PC gaming much ever since I got my 360, but that might change when Crysis comes out.

Hmm thats interesting. I'll just keep my GTS till they release the next step up. If you look at the system benchs posted in the intial link there isn't a extreme jump bench wise. Overclocked GTS's can come close to those 3dMark's etc of the new GT.

Ya it sucks but it happens with every component.

It's just annoying that Nvidia did this to everyone that bought the GTS. I mean, if your gonna buy a GTS, then a GT, why not just buy a GTX in the beginning?

Even with my GTS superclocked, overclocked at 640/1008, and 4GB of RAM, i can run the crysis demo on high with very little problems, i havent noticed any actually.

Id still rather sell it and get 2 GT's, but I think I'll be alright sticking with my GTS for a while, i really only play css anyways ;)

Bingo. There is a very rare exception when a new product isn't better. It's all in the computer world's code of conduct.

you have to agree though why bring out a new product thats not as good in some way as the one you already have out dosent make much sense

Back
Top Bottom