Windows NT Workstation 4.0

Bhs2010

Solid State Member
Hey I have recevied two computers by getting them from ford, they were updating there computers and got rid of many of them. Anyway, They worked for at least two or three days no problem. Now all i get is a blue screen stating that there is something wrong. so please try to help... I was trying to make them into a cluster of some sort.. but that wont work because of this dang blue screen!

HELP!!!

I have tried to do this numerous times... But there is no way to format the drive... I cant even get to login screen...

If it is a Dell of any sort you should press F12 to get the boot menu up.
If not try to get the boot menu up.
If you have a Xp or Vista or NT WORKSTATION 4.0 setup disc put it in the computer and boot from cd.
XP gives you the option to partion and that can mean a way to format i think vista does. (Mine came preinstalled).
Not sure if NT does.
Anyway let me know how you get on.
:)

You can format with the NT4 cd but it doesnt allow partitions any bigger than something around 2-3GB so if you have a big hdd its annoying.

The problem is I do no have he NT disc as the computers came from Ford... I guess they were to good to give me the disc that came with it..... Is there any other way to format the hardrive?:confused: :confused: :confused:

you can use that upgrade disc to format but to be able to install a windows upgrade on a formatted hdd you must provide a previous windows cd (2000, ME, 98 etc)

Back
Top Bottom