How is you PC handling the crysis demo?

99tolap said:
Graphics are dissapointing though- i might go as far as saying far cry looks better! thatll be just cos im running at lower settings, but those settings arent that low at all.

Close up, the textures on plants and rocks are really poor.

LOL, thats because your settings are so low, funny thing is that the games uses the new far cry engine. here is a screen at your res.
crysis068.jpg

Game runs and looks great on medium for me, runs so so on High, Very High get's annoying. Man didn't think I would need to upgrade that soon. I'm very sad about this. Anyone running this game with 8800 Ultra? wondering if I should work a day of OT to buy it. My cpu should be fine for this game correct?

My friend's 8800GTS runs it just fine maxed. 1024x768. We use CRT monitors, so we aren't forced to use high resolution just to avoid having it look all blurry.

im surprised there isnt an option for 1280x800. i see there is a bin64 folder which is for x64 right? im running vista 64 but evrytime i try and run it from the bin64 folder it crashes within the first 2 seconds. anyone got any ideas? ive tryed running it as administrator but no luck

Game runs and looks great on medium for me, runs so so on High, Very High get's annoying. Man didn't think I would need to upgrade that soon. I'm very sad about this. Anyone running this game with 8800 Ultra? wondering if I should work a day of OT to buy it. My cpu should be fine for this game correct?

you dont need to upgrade , why do you ?
its not about playing it at maxed out all the time
My friend's 8800GTS runs it just fine maxed. 1024x768. We use CRT monitors, so we aren't forced to use high resolution just to avoid having it look all blurry.

i am using a crt and it even looks fine at 800X600

there is a new beta driver out from nvidia 169.01 its for crysis runs fine on mine maxed out at 1680x1050 and i have to say im not amazed by the game o_O

I know you all going to hate me, but I can run it on 1440x900 on very high settings 40fps+ ;)

Looks amazing...never seen anything quite like it

Back
Top Bottom