future-proof PC

Think of it this way: Miod range to high-end range. If he can afford the 8800GTX or GTS, then he may buy one. If he can't afford one, the 8600GT works well...and if he wants silence, I have the 8500GT 512MB in my PC. The Leadtek card has one with a massive heatsink with heatpipes.

UPDATE: okay now he says he just wants a new machine for Audio, not video, and he just wants the HDCP and Aero performance, so the card stays

now im wondering - should we use an X-Fi card? cuz sampling programs and multi-channel editors take up a lotta CPU, and a separate Audio processor would help greatly

Well your original post didn't mention budgetary considerations so of course everyone is going to recommend the best options available at present.

If money is a concern then the 8600 may be viable but personally I'd go the 8800, few more $$$ way better performance

EDIT:

This now has little relevence due to the above post.

doesnt matter if it is inevitable
it makes more sense to get a future proof cpu/gpu then it does ram
plus more ram then faster ram seems way more future proof to me

doesnt matter if it is inevitable
it makes more sense to get a future proof cpu/gpu then it does ram
plus more ram then faster ram seems way more future proof to me

exactly, so in a year or two he'll get a new CPU - whats the problem

he wants a pc that doesnt need to be upgraded for a couple of years
thats the problem

A REAL futureproof PC would be built with DDRII. I'd suggest to get he ASUS P5KC, eith DDRII AND DDRIII. He can upgrade ANYTIME to a newer CPU and RAM.

Back
Top Bottom