How is you PC handling the crysis demo?

runs surprisingly well on my 3Ghz P4 with a 7600GT - 2GB DDR400

it looks great on low settings, and runs quite well, 25-45fps.

BF2 on max = not as good as Crysis on low
i ran at low on 1280x1024, felt pretty comfortable, looked great on low. VERY high poly. nothing is 2-d, and everything is destructible

very nice, quite fun.
the cars drive like crap though

still, i cant wait to get the full game. and i cant believe it runs well on my machine (on low :p)

Nvidia has beta display drivers released on their website. It's the newest version of the graphics driver still in beta. I figure it's ok to try since their drivers are so reliable. It may have the fix it needs to run Crysis better.
Those drivers were specifically released to run Crysis demo, I'm still d/loading the demo but have been running the drivers since last night, some people are experiencing overclocking probs with them on Vista but XP 32bit seems to be OK. They run CoH and CoD4 demo fine, got a good lift in 3DMark06 too. Nice driver.

Hurry up d/load.

LINK to 169.01 beta driver for those who don't have it yet.

ATI Tool doesn't work on the new beta driver, and crashes when I try to overclock :(

Getting around 18-22fps (usually 18 at minimum, but with the lens flare bit, and on the cutscenes, 16-22fps is usual) in game at 1680x1050 ith 0x AA, and all settings on High. Not too bad really, and with all the motion blur, its not as noticable as it would be on games without.

With all settings on Medium, I get around 45fps, but meh.

If I get ATI Tool working, I should gain around 10fps

i can run it on very high settings at 1680x1050 just about with parts that are abit laggy but my god!!! does it look amazing

Well i'm going to try updating the beta drivers to see how it runs :) I hope it will make me happy.

yeah my cry2engine didn't start and i couldn't find the damn shortcut to the game. But yeah is it me or when you half time in the game it goes even smoother, i'm right now running it 1075 x 700( my bad if its the wrong resolution) with allmost everything medium except texture is on high and the game is running smooth and well and later on when i'm like bit farther in the game i can set even more features on high and the game runs smooth:confused: and if i add more drr ram would it help to add more strength to the game?wierd huh and yeah my specs are

Asus G1s A1

Core 2 duo
T7500
2.20Ghz
160HDD
8600GT
2DRR2 RAM
Vista

and yeah is it hard to update drivers?? i'm kinda scared to fuck my pc up

ran smooth on my setup (in sig). Full AA, resolution set at 1152X864 settings all high. There is only a slight pause when I reach a save point.

Back
Top Bottom