Apple LCD Monitor on a PC

NeciFiX

In Runtime
Right, is there any way this can be done? I found a very cheap, nice, 20" Apple LCD Monitor to replace my 12" beige CRT from the 90's, will the Apple LCD work on a Dell Dimension or will I need to get some sort of thing that allows it to, or will it flat out not work?

Thanks!

~NeciFiX

is there DVI or VGA input on it? then yes

a monitor is a monitor
not all monitors are created equal, but they all work with everything

...unless theyre HDCP >:O

Apple told me a DVI Connection could make it PC compatible. Yay. If they're cheap I'll get a DVI connection and plug it into my ATI Radeon 9550 256 MB (if it also has this lol, we're throwing a lot of ifs out there).

A Radeon 9550 has a DVI connector on it, its the bottom white connector.
his-9550-scan-front.jpg

Okie dokie then... I just need a dvi connector to re-configure the format of the Apple monitor and then plug it in to the graphics card? Correct?

Well, at the moment it is, but, I just bought an ATI Radeon 9550 256 MB as shown above and it should be here in a week or so. My computer desk is only like 2 feet wide so I reckon I don't need a extremely long one haha. Maybe like 5 feet in case I get a new computer desk.

Well, at the moment it is, but, I just bought an ATI Radeon 9550 256 MB as shown above and it should be here in a week or so. My computer desk is only like 2 feet wide so I reckon I don't need a extremely long one haha. Maybe like 5 feet in case I get a new computer desk.

Ok, then you should be fine :) Good luck

Back
Top Bottom