Crysis Demo

i set it off to download now , i am going to a vfriends house later and atm it says about 4 hours till download complete so it should be complete before i get back , woot
and the ea game server #1 is maxing my connection out nearly , my connection is 1mb tho which is pretty poor and i am getting 100-120k
You people and your cable connections, bahaha. I have well over 4 hours before my download finishes.

130 kb/s. My connection maxes out at 160.

Rudster knows the pain. :p

i know the pain as well its horrible still at least i wont just be sat here counting the seconds down till dl complete

I just hope after 4 hours i can play this game in some capacity with my hardware i dunno what do you guys think settings wise i would be looking at with everything at stock

Actually, mine took longer than expected. Final results: speed start to drop gradually and at the end, it took a total of 7hours 1minute 42seconds to download at 73 kb/s. Compare that to when I first started out at 1Mb/s transfer.

I left my PC on while I was asleep and boy, did it take forever. I think the game will look good on a majority of our PCs for the most part. It's extracting right now so I'll give it a review when I actually play it. Takes a long time to install too.

It's not bad. I was surprised with how challenging it was even on normal. You definitely have to make use of cover or you're toast. I like the fact that using cloaking is more encouraged and makes the sneaking up on enemies a lot easier. In multiplayer I rarely used cloaking except for when I was sniping. It was funny in one instance where I was crouched down with my sights on a soldier then my suit ran out of energy and switched me back to armor. At that moment i hear another soldier right behind me yell "there you are!" or something to that extent and I turned around a quarter turn and he was right next to me. He was standing there and couldnt see me until i uncloaked. lol!
One thing I really hate is cut scenes. I prefer half-life 2's implementation of dialogue where you can still move around freely and watch from whatever angle you feel. So that was the only thing I didn't care for while playing.
Overall it seemed to leave a pretty good impression. I think i'll be getting the full game once it's released.

wow my brother is an idiot, he gets pissed off when i shut down his interent when he is downloading something(there is a huge slow down) then when i try to download something he thinks its his right to effin unplug the internet cable on the compuer :mad: :mad:, now i have to start ALL OVER. :mad: i even let his downloads go all yesterday because he told be to stop, even though his are illegal, now im just going to show my dad all the downloads and tell him to take away his lappy, set a password up on this computer, and tell him to deal with it

wow my brother is an idiot, he gets pissed off when i shut down his interent when he is downloading something(there is a huge slow down) then when i try to download something he thinks its his right to effin unplug the internet cable on the compuer :mad: :mad:, now i have to start ALL OVER. :mad: i even let his downloads go all yesterday because he told be to stop, even though his are illegal, now im just going to show my dad all the downloads and tell him to take away his lappy, set a password up on this computer, and tell him to deal with it

Where I live, unplugging someone else's system constitutes getting your ass kicked. It's fine to go in there and cap a torrent or something, but to unplug is like a sin here.

Edit: OH MOTHER *&#$(*& I double posted. I forgot I had even made that previous post a moment ago... bah sorry.

Back
Top Bottom