CPU Temps Very High

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I just installed a new heatsink and fan, and now its super hot, I don't know what to do and very stressed about it. My idle temps are 47C 45C, and on a benchmark test they get up in the mid 60's. I should have left the cpu cooling alnoe, used to never get passed 55C and now its really bad. What can I do? If you use too much thermal paste can that make it hotter? Also I bought a Thermaltake TR2-M21 RX for a Intel Processor 115W Socket LGA775

what were stock temps? Make sure you applied the right amount of thermal paste, just drop the size of a rice grain or two and let the pressure from the heatsink spread it out. Too much or too little can cause high temps. How did they compare to the stock cooler?

Just looking at the cooler it is very similar to the stock one so I wouldn't expect it to cool much different tbh.

Yes too much TIM can make it run too hot.

What TIM did you use? how much did you use? and how did you apply it?

Have you checked the push pins to ensure none have let go? they're the stupidest mounting method ever imo.

My problem with them is that they are too weak. The plastic pins are too easy to bend. Good concept, just not executed very well.

I put the intel stock back on, it works better. When I throttle my cpu on a benchmark test it gets about 59C, I know that's still a little high, but I don't think it's dangerous high.

It could have just been mounted wrong. I had the same problem and it ended up just being the way I mounted it.

I've never been so happy, my cpu temps on idle are now 34C 32C. That's what I'm talking about. :) With these temps will I be safe to OC a little bit?

Idle temps don't mean much. If your load temps are fine, you can overclock. Just keep an eye on voltages and temperatures, and take it slowly. Overclocking isn't a race.

My max temps are around 52C 53C. That is on a benchmark with my cores throttling @ 100%

You have a little room for overclocking, just try to keep it under 60 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom