Warmongering - Bush at it again

I ...and you know what? I DON'T WANT TO KNOW. I don't want to know what the US or British Governments do to keep their citizens safe at night,

it's that kind of thinking that allows unarmed men to get shot in the back in tube stations.

it's OK to just do whatever you like to defend the country against the unknown and and unquantified threats that are kept secret,
and the measures to defeat them are just whatever the governments tell us they are...

and if they succeed, we get told that their doing a good job, but will need more funding to continue that job,
and if they fail, well they need more funding to do a better job!

And that's what you call keeping your feelings to yourself??. um, er, sure it is:rolleyes:

That last post wasn't my political views, that was my view on this thread.

it's that kind of thinking that allows unarmed men to get shot in the back in tube stations.

it's OK to just do whatever you like to defend the country against the unknown and and unquantified threats that are kept secret,
and the measures to defeat them are just whatever the governments tell us they are...

and if they succeed, we get told that their doing a good job, but will need more funding to continue that job,
and if they fail, well they need more funding to do a better job!

Not entirely, but I see where your coming from. And I agree, we need to keep the people who are put in a position to protect us in check. I'm not for using random force against people who look suspicious.

But when that poor guy was shot in the back that was one police man's bad judgment. Not a Government ordered hit. That's the bad thing is when people get excited they tend to exercise bad judgment, what I simply said is we aren't aware of all the details of what goes on in the world and terrorists aren't the easiest people to pick out of a crowd. I would hate to have to be in a position to make those calls...but someone has to.

It's all about the oil.
25.gif

Iraq was all about oil. I suppose you all knew that Dick Cheney is a director in the Halliburton Corporation which is, effectively, an oil production company?

Iraq and, indeed, the whole region, is extremely oil rich. Some of the oil is controlled by US-friendly nations such as Dubai, Qatar, the UAE etc., but some of it is not. This is true of Iran and, to some extent, Saudi Arabia too.

There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the closest Saddam Hussein ever got was a small group of low quality SCUDs fired at Israel; he was never at any time capable of constructing chemical, biological or nuclear weapons.

I personally believe Iran are constructing an energy project by using their nuclear technology. The Iranian Clerics have outlawed nuclear weapons by Holy Law and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad cannot ignore this, but I would not put it past them at all to consider constructing some kind of anti-US deterrent given the pressure they are now under.

The "War on Terror" is a sham. It is about oil and American global domination, and I do believe that 9/11 could well have been an inside job regardless of the absolute rubbish exhibited in the other thread further down the Social Lounge [some of those links had me laughing due to how ridiculous and far fetched the theories were, I do not actually have a tinfoil hat nor can I particularly be bothered creating one]. Well, all I will say is this; look at the Romans and, indeed, at the British Empire. Both got too big and too arrogant for their own good and ended up collapsing spectacularly.

As for you Brookfield, you are still making life hard for yourself and my eyes roll at your earlier comments in this thread, and yet another double post. What possible satisfaction can you derive from opening yourself up to rampant flaming from other, more popular members? Ask yourself another question; if David really does want you back, why are you still a "Guru" after a fortnight? Changing permissions on an account takes literally seconds, and David Lindon is online and active just as much as ever.

Merged brookfields double post.

Brookfield, you're making quite a thing of not being a mod.
if you want to keep saying that you're not a mod, then please don't use the mod powers that you have remaining.
if you want to be a mod and use the powers then why not act like one?

Again, back on topic please. (I'll just start deleting posts if it moves off topic again)

this should be a relativly interesting debate on a subject that is quite possibly soon to change the face of the world as we know it. not an argument about what silly comments people have made, (and this is also not a thread for stupoid comments IMO).

When I saw this on the news the other day I remember rolling my eyes and thinking that's just one more east vs. west thing. soon it will be world war three.
America is rapidly loosing it's coellition of the willing, (russia, france and germany have all said that they would have liked to see more diplomacy before the economic sanctions were levied).

Iran, (or at the least iranians on the streets) for the most part seem to have the attitude that america has sanctioned against the country for years and it's still kept growing. (economically not geographically)

so it seems more like the sanctions are actually aimed at scaring off the rest of the worlds investement to stiffle the country that way, iran is now formally labled a terror nation, so people dealing with iran know that the branding irons are only moments away from them...

anyway... carry on. (if you want to change the topic then go back to the main page and use the new thread button)

Thanks for weilding the "clean up" stick mate.

I see the US as losing what little credibility they had on the world stage over this Iran thing, they've arbitrarily decided another nation is "terrorist" based and have all but declared war, this time though with Russia and China firmly on the other side of the fence I feel their "bully boy" tactics won't get as much backing as they did in the Iraq debacle.

Unfortunately more people will die for the Oil cause. It's going to run out there is no doubt about it, why not funnel these billions of dollars into alternate energy sources instead of the war machine is one question I have to ask?

I think the same very important question should be asked of China. When are they going to start funneling billions of dollars into creating alternative energy sources? They are currently the second largest consumer of oil in the world and their energy demand has been greatly increasing and is expected to grow at about 5% per year.

China is a major worry for sure in global terms, the development from third world (which it virtually is now) will bring massive resource demands, that coupled with the accompanying population explosion is going to create unprecedented demand.

If anything, imposing sanctions on Iran will increase their economy and that of countries around them, since if they cant import from Europe etc then they will source theirs goods locally. So really, the US government is doing the middle east an economic favor. As for the rest of the world, the US government is just making it a helluva lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom