How is you PC handling the crysis demo?

99tollap

In Runtime
The demo has been released for several hours now. Anyone got any performance stats? Ive got 1 hour download left, then we'll see how a 3 year old pc handles it...

Runs nice and smooth on mine, all max settings (minus the monitor. Mine maxes at 1280x1024).

I'm running it on 2 GB of ram, E6600, and an 8800 GTS 640MB.

Running like crap on settings maxed at 1680x1050 res. I don't get it, I'm kind of bummed out about this, thought I had a good computer, I have to set the settings on Medium to make it run smooth like my other games. I would think I would be able to run this on Very High w/o problem. :(

Ok, hows this. P4 3ghz, 1.5gb of 533mhz ram, 7600gt graphics.

Runs Ok at 1280x960 with everything on medium.

Graphics are dissapointing though- i might go as far as saying far cry looks better! thatll be just cos im running at lower settings, but those settings arent that low at all.

Close up, the textures on plants and rocks are really poor.

The download isn't going so well. Either the file got corrupted during the download or transfer process or the source was bad. This is my second attempt to download the whole thing all over again!!! So basically, I'll be downloading 3.4GB worth of useless data if this doesn't work. This time, I'm pulling it directly off of the crysisdemo download site. Plus, I'm at another location too just in case if the router was crap at home.

That's where I'm download from too--EA Games direct server. It is faster because I started around 11:30am and now it's nearing 11:55am. I have 72% completed with just under 50MB to go.

...........what sucks is since I'm at a different location, I'm using my laptop. Which means as soon as I get back, I'll have to transfer it through my external drive to my desktop to install it. I don't want to play it on my laptop since the graphics won't handle it.

Back
Top Bottom