pentium 4 1.5 1500 mhz

nikkelnine

Beta member
hello folks....umm...well i have a dell dimension 8100 pentium 4 1.5 ghz 1500 mhz processor and i seriously want to use memory other than rambus(price too high) can i upgrade the processor itself or do i just upgrade the motherboard please i would gladly take any advice....oh and by the way i ultimately would like my p.c to be used for casual gaming(madden and mass effect hopefully) but more for my entertainment hub.....digital music and movies and streaming movies ect.. can you point me in the right direction as for what i need to get....p.s i have no idea how to overclock im just giving you the basic info that i know and also if i could overclock how would i go about doing so...if i ever need to?

all the help would be greatly appreciated

im guessing the dell is quite old now and i dont think it will be a intel 775, sooo i would buy a new pc tbh, i think the socket u have now is 478 which some places still sell them cpus, but if u want a more upto date pc then i would build a new one, and u cant overclock a dell pc..

Yes. Your socket is a Socket 423, and if it would be a socket 478, it would have been better, because youi could have just bought a board and some RAM.

oh ok,so since its a socket 423 it'll just be better to buy a new p.c?
i was looking at some motherboards and i notice that they say gddr3....and i know mines uses rambus...does that mean that if i change motherboards i would be able to use that type of memory?

anything other than rambus is fine.....i just hate the fact that its so darn expensive

oh and the specs of my system are

pentium 4 1.5ghz
1500mhz i dont know what these numbers are but.
64 mb of v-ram
its not hyper-threading capable...i dont know what this is either but it sounds cool i guess.
i just really want to be able to use a different type of ramn so if you guys say new motherboard then im on it,if you guys say new cpu,then im on it....i just hate rdram sooo much

Well even if it would have been a Socket 478, you would still need to upgrade the motherboard. Some socket 478 uses RAMBUS.

Back
Top Bottom