Are you ready for a Playstation 3?

Yeah, HD gaming is so fun. Playing on my Xbox 360 hooked up to my 20" monitor is so awesome.

Yeah it's about time consoles had that as a standard. Now they know why PC gamers loved PCs so much. :p

I've ran my xbox 360 through my 20 inch widescreen samsung at 720p, and been happy with the quality. I can't see how an extra...er....17 inches is going to make a difference...

The difference is the native support. If you downscale a signal, yes, it'll look worse at 720p or even 1080p if your monitor possibly supported more than this. But at native, 720p or 1080p could look just as sharp as each other. Just not as much pixels...

Went on the Playstation Store last night (this morning...) and started downloading demos and 720p/1080p videos to test for when the TV's setup Sunday.
There isn't much to choose from, which is a shame.

I'm also not entirely sure on the controllers sensetivity on the shoulder buttons, or analogs. They dont' seem as sharp and responsive as on the Xbox 360 controllers. For example, on the 360, you can move the analog slightly and it'll respond. The PS3's seems to have a dead spot.

Although I love monitors for how much closer you can be to them, I prefer to play consoles on a nice TV.

Sit back in a couch and be comfy, I can't do that in a computer chair.

I play on my PC. I even have a Logitech game controller (exactly the same like the PS3 pad with the analog sticks and everything). It changes the way you play a PC game tons!!! A must have for gamers that game on a PC.

I could never play a serious FPS game using a control pad though...
Mouse and keyboard is essential.

I still have problems playing on a keyboard and mouse from time to time because I'm not fast enough with the mouse. By the time i turn around, I'm dead. I can change the speed of the mouse but it can get mind boggling when you have to control two different devices instead of just one controller. It seems easier using the controller pad because your hands fit comfortably over one device with total control. But some games don't have gamepad support so that sucks.

I would like to upgrade my video card too but I have so many other bottlenecks to worry about so it's not worth buying an 8800 GTX. I would love a quad core system, DDR3, 2-4GB RAM, 8800GTX. There are quite a bit of games out there with dual core or even quad support right now including Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3.

UT3 Technical features and requirements
* Dual-core CPU: Multi-threading is supported and should provide much better performance.

Crysis:

Is there dedicated support for 64-bit and dual- and quad-core processors, and if so how does the game distribute its tasks? Do you suggest a higher-clocked dual-core over a quad-core, or is quad-core performance enough to give it the edge?

Crysis will support both 64-bit and multi-cores. Multi-core will be beneficial in the experience, particularly in faster but also smoother framerates. 64-bit and higher memory will yield quicker loading times. We recommend quad core over higher clock.

Yeah, Quads are becoming something that in gaming will be very benificial in the future :)

If I do use a control pad, its weird that I have to invert the Y axis to make it possible to play for me, as pressing up to move the camera up really puts me off. Down to move it up makes more sense somehow.

Back
Top Bottom