Episode 1 to 2, a massive technological jump :eek:

Kage

Golden Master
The difference between the graphics of Episode 1 of Half Life 2, and Episode 2 is huge!

I didn't expect my video card to take such a hit, especially with the flash light on (It now supports shadowing of other objects when you shine at them against walls, etc. Never seen that in a video game before)
With the flash light on, my FPS takes a big hit, to like the 30's with all settings on Full (Textures on Very High), including resolution at 1680x1050 at 4x AA.
I may have to lower this, to like 2x AA.

But wow... I was getting in the other versions over 100 most of the time, but to be suddenly getting 30-50-60 (Around 100 in buildings) fps max is a rather amazing feat for a revamped Source Engine.

Half Life Episode 1 wasn't amazing though, and completed it within around 4-5 hours, if that. This ones supposedly much better :)

thats good to hear that epiosde 2 is much better its another game that i have added to my list that has/is coming out this autumn.
the old half-life 1 and half life2 and episode 1 i thought have always managed to pull off good graphics but needing low specs to do it shame that episode 2 isnt followng the same suit but then again if you have the power and they have the grpahics why not let people use it. plus they probably dont want it to look out dated already next to games such as crysis

Yep, as of Half life Episode 1, HDR was added (ignoring Lost Coast).

Episode 2 adds better textures, better lighting, and motion blur features.

Lets just say my video card hardly speeded up its fan while playing Half life 2 and Episode 1... its a different story with Episode 2. Its almost turned at full all the time.

i can't believe it's that graphically intensive! I mean wth! quad core and an 8800GTS 640 seeing such a slow down is crazy. Oh well, hopefully when i eventually pick the game up my computer will run it.

WOW, That doesn't even sound right Kage. On my second computer (Pentium D, BFG 7900 512MB, 3GB of DDR2 Mem), and I have NO issues with running the game at all, And that is with settings maxxed out.

The difference between the graphics of Episode 1 of Half Life 2, and Episode 2 is huge!

I didn't expect my video card to take such a hit, especially with the flash light on (It now supports shadowing of other objects when you shine at them against walls, etc. Never seen that in a video game before)
With the flash light on, my FPS takes a big hit, to like the 30's with all settings on Full (Textures on Very High), including resolution at 1680x1050 at 4x AA.
I may have to lower this, to like 2x AA.

But wow... I was getting in the other versions over 100 most of the time, but to be suddenly getting 30-50-60 (Around 100 in buildings) fps max is a rather amazing feat for a revamped Source Engine.

Back
Top Bottom