Warmongering - Bush at it again

I'm mad at this administration for NOT pushing alternative fuels. Nobody has pushed it. yeah we have hybrids, but to me that's a band aid for the future. Why not use electricity or another source of energy. Guess what? if we don't use oil we don't have to deal with these middle east countries like Iraq or Iran. Another thing, why should the US have to interfere in other countries affairs? it's not our job to go around and knock down doors and tell countries what to do.

because bush and many of his top ranking advisors have extremely close links to the oil industry. so to push for alternative power in one area would be to kick them selfs in the ass in another

you and most people are mis-informed about the facts of why US does things and what is actually true and false. I'd say stop listening to the highly liberal media.
I don't watch the liberal news media. I just happen to disapprove of Bush and the way he has run this country, as many people do. I think the reason the US keeps oil is because of the influence the oil companies have on congress, and the reason we have to keep patrolling the world is to "spread democracy and freedom" but at what expense? I don't want to lose this war and hope we win, but I wonder what the long term effects of this war are going to be. I wonder how it's going to affect our economy, and altogether our country. I do give credit that there hasn't been another terrorist attack which I'm thankful for. I just think that Bush needs to really think about the situation and look everything over before making a big decision such as going to war with Iran.

because bush and many of his top ranking advisors have extremely close links to the oil industry. so to push for alternative power in one area would be to kick them selfs in the ass in another

That's true. I hope the next president doesn't have ties to the oil industry. Bush seems to care more about his oil buddies than the American population.

That's true. I hope the next president doesn't have ties to the oil industry. Bush seems to care more about his oil buddies than the American population.

that might not make the problem go away. the president has to change but if the next president picks the same advisors as the last then it could be same old story. you knock one head off and another one grows back

that might not make the problem go away. the president has to change but if the next president picks the same advisors as the last then it could be same old story. you knock one head off and another one grows back

Yeah. If they have any sense they won't keep the same ones that are there now. They seem to be doing an awful job, but that's just my opinion. I still believe that a white house full of people without ties to the oil industry is a good thing, but whether or not that will happen is still unknown.

probably wont happen you need money to run a decent campaign to get into office and the oil industry has shed loads of money for the right person to do the right job for them.

You have to think about it in another way though. Whoever has most control over the oil has a huge economic influence. You want China or Russia to have the majority of the oil reserves? Then what? The U.S is doing what it needs to do to stay on top. And yes, at the expense of other countries.

What you probably don't know is that the U.S has been overturning governments since day 1. This isn't something we just decided to do. Starting with the Native Americans, all the way to Panama and now Iraq. The U.S has overturned dozens of governments. Its old news. I have a masters in economics, i can talk about this and argue this all day. I don't at all think that overturning governments is the right thing to do, but under certain circumstances some things are essential.

I will keep my political views to myself, I get alot less hate that way:p

All I will say is I am pretty tired of people blaming all the evil and bad things in the world, and in the country on Bush. He's ONE man, one man who honestly doesn't have all that much power (not enough to be behind all the troubles of the world). It really pisses me off when people think they know all the details about the war on terror and how they think they can fix our country...they don't know jack squat about what really goes on. I imagine there are sooooo many things going on in the world we don't know about...and you know what? I DON'T WANT TO KNOW. I don't want to know what the US or British Governments do to keep their citizens safe at night, I don't want be aware of all the terror threats we face everyday, most aren't credible but you don't know that till you do a little digging, I don't want to be one of the many who are constantly trying to stay one step ahead of Islamic Terrorists who want to destroy our way of life. I couldn't sleep at night if I was aware of every single detail of what goes on in the United States (or British) Government.

Was the war in Iraq misguided? yes, yes it was, badly misguided. But if your gonna stick the blame to someone then stick it to Bush's Advisor's, the same Advisor's who told Bush they FELT there was a high probability of there being WMDs in Iraq. The same advisor's who urged the president of what they at the time felt was a truly grave and credible threat were the same people who briefed Congress on what they (and everyone else, the french, russians etc) thought was real.

Hindsight is 20/20 people...it's very easy to analyze the crap out of every move we made and place the blame. But that's not gonna make it better will it? hell no. Learn and move on. From looking back at it all you know who the people are I admire are? they are the people who had the balls to make a very tough decision because they thought it best for our country.

/Ahyoka's Rant

I don't at all think that overturning governments is the right thing to do, but under certain circumstances some things are essential.

You're right. It happened several times throughout history and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
I do support force when needed, but in this case with Iran I just don't see the need yet. Honestly I'd rather use force than have another Iranian hostage situation or a terrorist attack. I'm probably missing something and things are constantly changing. As for the oil, it makes me mad but I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if I were in one of those country's positions. If I had a multi billion dollar monopoly over oil I probably would be raising prices and doing what countries like Iraq or Iran are doing. Still alternative fuels wouldn't hurt, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

One thing however he chose to be placed in that situation and the job of president is one of great responsibility if he didnt want all the responsibility and blame when things go wrong them he shouldnt have chosen to be president , i know he dosent make every single decision and if he is ill advised that isnt his fault however he is in a position of responsibility and he has to take responsibility when things go wrong , i bet if the whole war in iraq was a great sucess he would be the first one to take credit yet when tings go wrong its his advisors fault you cant have it like that i am afraid , the public elected him leader and they blame him when things go wrong cos the book stops with him , he has to make the final call on what goes on

As for iran i dont know about this one, i dont think bombing one country and killing loads of innocent civilians just for the sake of your eceonmy is either necessary or fair, in fact its quite selfish if you ask me . however in this world money talks obviously and so the people with money are the ones who get to make the decisions like this , rather than going and wasting money fighting a war to get oil you could use that money to fund some alternative sources of energy cos one day the oil is going to run out anyway but nobody will be prepared for it and ou wont be able to get the money you spent on this war back in anyway , however the alternate sources will pay for themselves
however this isnt an option cos a few rich oil tychoons might get upset and stop giving bush money and that would be oh so tragic wouldnt it
And that's what you call keeping your feelings to yourself??. um, er, sure it is:rolleyes:
if you havent got anything usefull or constructive to say then dont say anything
NOTE TO BROOKFIELD PLEASE DO NOT EDIT MY POSTS'S LIKE THAT AGAIN THAT POST WAS PERFECTLY OK WHY THE NEED TO DELETE IT , YET ANOTHER REASON WHY YOUR MODS PRIVILDGES SHOULD BE REMOVED

well when we are talking about Bush were talking about a man who vetoed a bill to give poor and middle class children health insurance if their parents couldn't afford it ... at the expense of slightly more expensive cigarettes.

What more can you say? ..........

Back
Top Bottom