Can I really use a dual core processor...

99tollap

In Runtime
...with the intel 915p/g chipset? I really dont want to upgrade my motherboard (which also means new case, hard drive and os) if neccessary.

So can anyone tell me if ANY dual core proccessors will work with this chipset? Someone mentioned they did in my earlier thread, but details on the internet (in particular intels site) are rubbish.

dafdasdfasdfa.jpg

Here are some cpuz shots. I think it was Ihuzer that said any D proccessor would work, but I just need confirmation before I buy.

Tried googling it but didnt get any sort of answer. Wikipedia says Pentium D's are only compatible with 945 chipset and onwards? Is this right?

What about Pentium Dual-Core (eg E2180)?

don't know much about intel sockets and such, but isn't 775 the same as the C2D.

yes core 2 duos do use socket 775 but its been around a while now and some of the older chipsets dont support core 2 duo's because of the FSB and other things
i wwould jus5t look at the motherboard makers website and check ut out there

...with the intel 915p/g chipset? I really dont want to upgrade my motherboard (which also means new case, hard drive and os) if neccessary.

So can anyone tell me if ANY dual core proccessors will work with this chipset? Someone mentioned they did in my earlier thread, but details on the internet (in particular intels site) are rubbish.

You cannot use a Core2Duo on anything below a 945.

You could possibly get away with a Pentium D, however your power supply would be unlikely to actually be able to provide the necescary power.

Back
Top Bottom