Warmongering - Bush at it again

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
He's after the Iranian oil now, I wish someonewould just take this guy (and his advisors) out.

US hits Iran with toughest penalties since 1979 siege

Published: 26 October 2007

The Bush administration has moved a step closer to military conflict with Iran, imposing punitive measures on its Revolutionary Guard Corps and calling the al-Quds unit of the guards a terrorist organisation.

Vladimir Putin immediately called the new US sanctions the work of a " madman with a razor blade in his hand". The Russian President said: "Why worsen the situation by threatening sanctions and bring it to a dead end?"

The Guards' chief, General Mohammad Ali Jafari, said: "Today, enemy has concentrated sharp point of its attacks on the Guards. As always, the corps is ready to defend the ideals of the revolution more than ever before."

The sanctions are the toughest measures against Tehran since the siege of the US embassy 1979 under the presidency of Jimmy Carter. The US has never before in its history taken such measures against the armed forces of an independent government.

US Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, announced the new measures, saying they were meant "to confront the threatening behaviour of the Iranians".

The US was forced to act alone, however, with Britain only offering rhetorical support for unilateral action outside the United Nations Security Council. A plan to have gradually tightening UN sanctions is foundering following opposition from Russia and China.

The European Union remains deeply divided on the way forward with Germany opposed to more sanctions at this stage. It has a huge economic stake in Iran with which it had exports worth $5.7bn (£2.8bn) last year.

There was sharp criticism in the US as well. The foreign affairs commentator Anthony Cordesman said: "The Bush Administration has already done immense damage to US credibility throughout the region and much of the world. The administration ... is viewed as threatening to drag the Gulf into another war – this time with Iran, as failing to consult and explain, and as indifferent to the views of its friends and allies."

The Bush administration is making its strongest bid yet to brand Iran as a rogue regime already on a war footing, and causing trouble in Iraq, Lebanon, Afghanistan as well as the Palestinian territories with a military-controlled bureaucracy that is spreading terrorism and acquiring weapons of mass destruction.

But critics say it is once again distorting the facts as it prepares US and international public opinion for military strikes on Iran, either by US forces or by Israel.

Washington justified the new sanctions by accusing the elite Quds division of the Revolutionary Guard Corps of the devastating campaign of roadside bombs by Shia militias against its troops in Iraq. Attempts to declare the entire Revolutionary Guard, a branch of the Iranian defence forces, a foreign terrorist organisation were shelved following European opposition. But the administration accuses the Corps of being at the heart of Iran's drive to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

SOURCE

when will he decalre war on the US i want to know.... :p

edit: oh wait, with all the new laws and policies that infringe on every human right he is already...how silly of me :D

bush is the worse thing to happen to the world and as soon as he gets rids of that policy that doesnt allow foreigners to become president it will be arnies turn to try and rule the world umm america. then you be calling him President Adolf Schwarzenegger, i mean Arnold Schwarzenegger woops how silly of me to keep making these mistakes...

either arnie, or in the interest of political correctness an imigrant from mexico or maybe a muslim who knows :rolleyes:

at least we havnt got blair in charge now, so we stand less of a chance of being drawn into some pathetic war over oil.....

I'm embarrassed at how Bush makes the U.S. look on a global scale. He's the worst president we've ever had, even worse than Nixon. I almost wish he'd be impeached and removed from office so someone else could take over, but if that someone else is Cheney I'm scared. I can't wait until his term is up. I don't understand why he likes to rush to war, he rushed to war with Iraq which served NO purpose, now he's rushing to Iran.

It is about the oil, but you're all very mis-informed over the facts. Its about the balance of world oil supply and demand.

American and British authorities were concerned about violence in an area that harbors a resource indispensable for the functioning of the world economy.

Oil in the years ahead will remain an important element of many countries energy future, and with middle east leaders like Hussein(was) and Ahmadinejad vastly in control of a indispensable resourse such as oil, it is vital to do what we did and what we are doing.

If you've researched, you would have seen that countries like China who have ties with the middle east have been majorly stocking up on oil. So are we.

Alan Greenspan lays out on exactly why we are doing this and teh future of our oil crisis in this article.

http://www.energybulletin.net/16895.html

I'm mad at this administration for NOT pushing alternative fuels. Nobody has pushed it. yeah we have hybrids, but to me that's a band aid for the future. Why not use electricity or another source of energy. Guess what? if we don't use oil we don't have to deal with these middle east countries like Iraq or Iran. Another thing, why should the US have to interfere in other countries affairs? it's not our job to go around and knock down doors and tell countries what to do.

I'm mad at this administration for NOT pushing alternative fuels. Nobody has pushed it. yeah we have hybrids, but to me that's a band aid for the future. Why not use electricity or another source of energy. Guess what? if we don't use oil we don't have to deal with these middle east countries like Iraq or Iran. Another thing, why should the US have to interfere in other countries affairs? it's not our job to go around and knock down doors and tell countries what to do.

you and most people are mis-informed about the facts of why US does things and what is actually true and false. I'd say stop listening to the highly liberal media.

Back
Top Bottom