Computer wont hold charge, help!!!

Jmonty580

Baseband Member
Here is my issue. The batter for my laptop is dead, so the only way I can use th e computer is if it is plugged in. Now the problem is that when I plug the charger into the back of my computer sometimes I get the plug symbol in my tool tray saying that its plugged in, and then out of nowhere that plug will turn into a batter which means its not plugged in (even though it still is). My batter is dead as I mentioned already so when this happens my computer takes all of 1 minute to just shut off. Right now I have the TV remote control under the charger wire where it enters the laptop and its allowing my computer to keep getting power. If i move and the controller falls out of place, im screwed.

Basically my question is what does it seem like needs to be replaced? Is the port that im placing the power cord into? Maybe something in there is loose? Is this an expensive repair? Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my current situation is driving me nuts. :(

you really need to test another charger, as that what it sounds like to me, although the port could still be buggered. either way it shouldnt be too expensive.
have you got any warranty?

You probably need a new charger and battery. Also, a new motherboard if you are cramming the charger into the slot.

Is it still under warranty? I would send it back if it is. If not, try a new battery and charger. There could be a short in the charger or plug itself, or possibly in the plug on the laptop.

Here is my issue. The batter for my laptop is dead, so the only way I can use th e computer is if it is plugged in. Now the problem is that when I plug the charger into the back of my computer sometimes I get the plug symbol in my tool tray saying that its plugged in, and then out of nowhere that plug will turn into a batter which means its not plugged in (even though it still is). My batter is dead as I mentioned already so when this happens my computer takes all of 1 minute to just shut off. Right now I have the TV remote control under the charger wire where it enters the laptop and its allowing my computer to keep getting power. If i move and the controller falls out of place, im screwed.

Basically my question is what does it seem like needs to be replaced? Is the port that im placing the power cord into? Maybe something in there is loose? Is this an expensive repair? Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my current situation is driving me nuts. :(

Beat me to the punch. I got a similar problem with my laptop, and I'm thinking about spending some money to get the keyboard replaced as well as a new battery/charger.

If you are changing that many fundamental parts, it is usually more economical to simply replace the laptop as they are harder to repair. A total replacement is likely more economical depending on the age of the machine; I, for instance, would not repair a machine with that problem that was more than a couple of years ago given how much prices are changing these days.

Back
Top Bottom